Snoop Dogg is known for shelling out hit singles with catchy hooks, but now he is trading song lyrics for the secret to his long-lasting marriage with Shante Broadus, which has stood the test of time.
On Friday (August 3), the “Drop It Like It’s Hot” rapper appeared on Today with Hoda Kotb and Jenna Bush Hager and discussed the secret that has kept the love alive over the years, as reported by Parade.
Of Kotb’s curiosity, she asked, “Why do you think yours [marriage] stood the test of time?" Snoop Dogg replied, “I think because we were both young and we were both willing to sacrifice for each other. She knew what my dreams and goals were, and at the same time, I knew what hers were."
"To have a family and to be who we are…we both wanted to get to that goal, and when we reached it, it was hard because we definitely had so many different things pulling you away from marriage, with people divorcing every other day.”
He also got candid on the extent of his commitment to his wife and their life together. "When you truly love somebody, there ain't nothing you can do to break that up."
The famous rapper married Broadus in 1997 after they had dated for almost a decade. But for Snoop, he knew she was the one when he first laid eyes on her. He explained to the outlet, "I feel like that was true love at first sight."
Although their love story spans decades, it has not been without its challenges. In 2004, the rapper filed for divorce from Broadus, but after being separated for three years, the rapper called off the divorce, and they renewed their vows in 2008.
Snoop Dogg and Broadus share three children Corde, 28, and Cordell, 26, as well as daughter Cori, 24. PEOPLE also reports that he also has another son, Julian, 25, from another relationship.
- Wendy Williams' Publicist Regrets Being In Lifetime DocumentaryShawn Zanotti said she would not have participated in the docuseries if she had been aware that it wasn't going to celebrate the former TV personality's career.02/29/2024
- Method Man’s Daughter Releases New MusicGoing by the rap moniker Chey, her latest song “Boujee & Ghetto" has almost 50,000 views in the first week of its release on YouTube.02/29/2024
- Kodak Black Delivers His Fourth Child HimselfThe Florida rapper welcomed the newborn on Feb.27.02/29/2024
- Tory Lanez Files New Appeal Over Megan Thee Stallion VerdictThe Canadian rapper is currently serving a 10-year sentence at North Kern State Prison in California.02/29/2024
- Opinion: Lifetime's 'Where Is Wendy Williams?' Documentary Should Raise Concerns Over Ethics and AccountabilityThe producers displayed insensitivity and a lack of regard for Wendy's well-being, and people should be outraged by it.02/29/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 5 Instances Where Ari Lennox Redefined Modern R&BThe powerful vocalist has used her endearing music to usher in a new sound for modern R&B.02/29/2024