Lil Uzi Vert paid his respects to Lotto Cash Desto during his funeral ceremony, delivering a heartfelt speech.
The fallen rapper passed away due to gun violence in late September near 5500 Richmond Avenue in West Houston. The incident occurred around 2:30 a.m. while she was driving a Porsche SUV with at least one passenger inside.
The service was held in Desto’s hometown of Memphis, Tennessee where Vert began to get emotional on the podium, sharing it “doesn’t feel real” that Desto is gone.
“I ain’t gon’ lie this don’t even feel real to me,” he began.
“Destinee was always on my hip everywhere I go… I had got in some trouble and they put me away I had to go to a rehab program and all that. She called me every day… Even if she called to argue with me, she called me every day and that’s what counted. I don’t even know how I feel,” he added. “I got close over a short span of time. Just her loyalty, like, she showed me a different type of loyalty… She’d never let anyone get up near me. Anything she could do for me, she would do it. Just feeling something different, especially knowing I’m older than her so she was my little homie.”
The rapper shared a message on social media, saying he’s been trying to keep his mind together but it “hurts.”
You can watch the emotional speech below.
- 'Tyler Perry’s Sistas': Five Plot Twists That Could Happen With Karen’s BabySistas has so many twists and turns that it’s hard not to imagine the other crazy things that could pop up about Karen’s baby.02/22/2024
- DC Young Fly Pleads For The Return Of His Bag That Contained Jack Oh's Death CertificateThe comedian’s bag was allegedly stolen in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club.02/22/2024
- Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Frontotemporal Dementia And AphasiaHer medical team says both conditions have “presented significant hurdles” in her life.02/22/2024
- 6 Black-Owned Businesses HBCU Students Should ShopIn honor of Black History Month, we’ve compiled a list of Black-owned businesses students will love to shop.02/22/2024
- Whoopi Goldberg Defends Malia Obama’s Decision To Drop Her Last Name Professionally"The Color Purple” star clapped back at critics saying, “This is a grown woman! Leave her alone.”02/22/2024
- Snoop Dogg Pays Tribute To His Brother Who Passed AwayBing Worthington, the legendary rapper’s half-brother, passed away on Feb 16.02/22/2024