(Photo by Leon Bennett/Getty Images)
LisaRaye McCoy has made a major decision in her abrupt engagement to her reality TV fiancé as the actress recently revealed that they have decided to break things off after just one month.
Back in July, the Players Club actress shocked the world when she shared a clip of her getting engaged to a contestant named Anthony Bryant on the ABC dating show The Proposal.
After the premiere of the show, which saw McCoy choose Bryant over one other finalist who was also vying for her hand in marriage, she and her new husband-to-be took to social media to show off their love.
However, their bliss seemed to be short-lived as the actress recently took to Instagram to share with her followers that the engagement is off.
Below a photo with a text bubble reading, "Yes it's over and I'm single again,' she explained why she and her now ex-fiancé chose to go their separate ways.
"Hello everyone, yes the relationship with Anthony B is over," she wrote. "I feel the right decision was made when I chose Anthony from the batch of men I was given to select from the TV show."
She went on to add that she and Bryant remain friends despite their split and no longer have any interest in getting to know one another, romantically.
"We have both come to a mutual understanding that we are not compatible enough to continue in pursuing a relationship with each other," she continued. "I do not regret anytime [sic] put into this journey because I was immensely receptive in trying a different approach and outlook on finding love."
Read her full post, below:
If the relationship had worked out, this would have been McCoy's third marriage. She was previously wed to former NFL star Tony Martin (1992-1994) before notoriously marrying chief minister of the Turks and Caicos islands, Michael Misick (2006-2008).
- This Week In Good Black News: Rihanna, A$AP Rocky in Fenty Film; Beyoncé Tops Billboard 100 With "Texas Hold Em"; Russell Westbrook to Build Affordable Housing in LAPlus, the Philadelphia Orchestra renames its concert hall after legendary singer Marian Anderson.03/01/2024
- Aldis and Edwin Hodge on Breaking Down Doors for Black Voices in Sci-Fi with ParallelThe brothers spoke to BET about their new sci-film.03/01/2024
- Wendy Williams' Publicist Regrets Being In Lifetime DocumentaryShawn Zanotti said she would not have participated in the docuseries if she had been aware that it wasn't going to celebrate the former TV personality's career.02/29/2024
- Method Man’s Daughter Releases New MusicGoing by the rap moniker Chey, her latest song “Boujee & Ghetto" has almost 50,000 views in the first week of its release on YouTube.02/29/2024
- Kodak Black Delivers His Fourth Child HimselfThe Florida rapper welcomed the newborn on Feb.27.02/29/2024
- Five Facts About 'The Oval’s' Javon JohnsonThe actor is passionate about the craft of acting and mentoring aspiring minds.02/29/2024