(Photo: Koldunov/Getty Images)
Another day, another white woman appropriating Black culture while refusing to apologize.
Ever since several white Instagram influencers were accused of "blackfishing," a term used when a white person darkens their skin, alters their body, and/or textures their hair for followers, white women everywhere have been scrutinized for problematic posts.
Most recently, a Russian woman named Diana posted a photo herself in poorly executed micro braids. To make matters worse, Diana included a handful of offensive hashtags, such as #afrohair, in the caption.
She also referred to herself as a "ghetto mamacita" even though she's white, Russian, and has probably never uttered the word edges.
Diana also defended her use of the word "ghetto" and said "for most people who do not live in USA, the ghetto is a district on the outskirts, and this hair style is associated with African girls, because they set this fashion. And yes, I also live in the ghetto."
"Ghetto-mamacita #africabombata #afrohair #jamaica Probably, not one of my posts has gathered so many comments in one day, haha) I can't leave it without attention and don't answer you, my dear haters💋All I want to say is that I don’t delete this post and these hashtags, because I didn’t put any racist sense into them, so I don’t understand why the word 'ghetto' touches you so (sorry, I really wrote it wrong, cause in my language it's written differently). If you live in 2018, you should understand that there are 'ghettos' in every country, in every big city. And now such a sharp meaning is no longer embedded in this term. At least, for most people who do not live in USA, the ghetto is a district on the outskirts, and this hair style is associated with African girls, because they set this fashion. And yes, I also live in the ghetto, although I don't have African blood. So relax. Make love Not War. And remember that often people are offended because they want to be offended, and not because somebody wants to offended them. Peace," her full caption read.
Although Diana tried to explain that she too resides in the ghetto, people in her comment section read her and those dry braids for filth.
"This is musty as hell," commented @fatassmarklee.
"So much wrong.... I take comfort in knowing her hair will fall out, her edges will disappear, and those eyebrows are disgusting," wrote @ichigopudding.
"Your caption is basically implying that braids are ghetto, take responsibility for your actions and apologize b***h," wrote @gianaasf.
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024