Busta Rhymes’ recent tribute to his longtime collaborator and friend Missy Elliott moved her so much that it brought tears to the rapper’s eyes.
The “Break Ya Neck,” emcee currently in Europe on The Finale Lap Tour with 50 Cent, took some time out of his busy schedule to honor his longtime friend. The Virginia native recently became the first female rapper inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
“This is an appreciation post, a congratulatory post, and an incredible acknowledgment, and I think is absolutely necessary to be made right now,” Busta began. “I had to make the time to really big up my sister Missy Misdemeanor Elliott.”
“You are brilliant, you are an icon, you are a source of one of my greatest inspirations. It’s beautiful that you have pulled from me as a source for great inspiration as well. We pull from each other so much that’s why we call each other twin. There ain’t enough words that could truly describe how proud of you I am. How happy for you I am.”
Missy later uploaded the clip on her own Instagram account on Wednesday (Nov. 15), sharing that the Brooklyn rapper’s post “brought tears to my eyes the fact that you even took the time out of your schedule to do this I am honoured.”
The rapper shared she’s “learned so much” from her “Touch It (remix)” collaborator both visually and musically before sharing a story about the time she asked Busta to be on her first album.
“I asked you to be on it I was so scared you would say, Nah ma you not hot enough but you said YES & you have always supported & protected me since that day!” she wrote. “If I could buy a thousand bouquets for all you have done for the culture, it still wouldn’t be enough. I am GRATEFUL & I LOVE twin!”
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Key Roles that Define Michael B. Jordan's CareerDive into all of the career-defining TV and movie roles that skyrocketed Jordan to superstardom, from HBO’s “The Wire” to the blockbuster “Creed” franchise.02/23/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Queen of Documentaries: 5 Powerful Non-Fiction Films Directed by Ava DuVernayThe award-winning director has a knack for using her powerful lens to depict groundbreaking stories that tackle music, race, culture, and corrupt systems.02/23/2024
- Demi Singleton Says Her 'Bass Reeves' Character Changed How She Saw Her LifeSingleton shares her journey, challenges, and the empowering impact of bringing to light the untold stories of Black heroes in American history.02/23/2024
- 'Tyler Perry’s Sistas': Five Plot Twists That Could Happen With Karen’s BabySistas has so many twists and turns that it’s hard not to imagine the other crazy things that could pop up about Karen’s baby.02/22/2024
- DC Young Fly Pleads For The Return Of His Bag That Contained Jack Oh's Death CertificateThe comedian’s bag was allegedly stolen in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club.02/22/2024
- Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Frontotemporal Dementia And AphasiaHer medical team says both conditions have “presented significant hurdles” in her life.02/22/2024