The NFL is not cheering for Will Smith's upcoming movie Concussion. The drama, a biopic in which Smith stars as the Nigerian neurologist (Dr. Bennet Omalu) who discovers a brain disease that results from all the head-banging that happens between players during games, has got the league feeling so nervous they are reportedly already working up a solid defense against it.
Now, the first trailer for Concussion is circulating around the internet thanks to Peter King from SI.com, who has seen the film andsays it details Omalu's struggles to convince the NFL to admit the truth about the dangers of the game.
For now, all the NFL will say about the film is this: "We are encouraged by the ongoing focus on the critical issue of player health and safety. We have no higher priority. We all know more about this issue than we did 10 or 20 years ago. As we continue to learn more, we apply those learnings to make our game and players safer."
To see what all the fuss is about — and some very good acting by Smith — watch the trailer, below:
(Photo: Juan Llauro/Splash News)
- Gayle King Helped Plan Son's Recent Engagement"And I now have a favorite daughter-in-law to be,” said the "CBS Mornings" co-host.02/27/2024
- Keyshia Cole Surprises Middle Schoolers With “Love” Performance During RecitalThe Grammy-nominated singer performed with students at the Ron Clark Academy in Atlanta.02/27/2024
- ‘Where Is Wendy Williams?’ Producers Claim They Didn’t Know The Famed Host Was Diagnosed With Dementia"If we had known that Wendy had dementia going into it, no one would’ve rolled a camera,” said producer Mark Ford.02/27/2024
- Diddy Accused of Sexual Assault By Former Male EmployeeThe allegations against the entertainment mogul come from a former producer and videographer who most recently worked on the "Love" album.02/27/2024
- Halle Berry And Halle Bailey Link Up At Soccer Game In Los Angeles"I was living for this moment!!" said "The Little Mermaid" star.02/27/2024
- Beyoncé’s ‘Texas Hold ‘Em’ Takes the Number One Spot On Billboard Hot 100The song is her ninth number-one hit on the chart and her first since “Break My Soul” in 2022.02/27/2024