(Photo: ABC + BET Digital)
Let’s talk about a perfect match!
In the new series Queens on ABC rapper and actress, Eve, builds on her past acting successes from projects like Barbershop and Jack Boyz, to play Briana aka “Professor Sex”. From the thigh-high boots and fur vests in one scene to sweat pants and lunch boxes in the other, watching the entertainer in the show you might have to blink twice.
Eve plays one of the four ladies in the 1990s superstar all-girl rap group, Nasty B*tches, and while they reunite for a world tour, Eve’s Briana is also a mom-by-day. In real life, the mother-to-be is expecting her first child with her husband, British race car driver and entrepreneur, Maximillion Cooper, with whom she also shares four “bonus children.”
The 43-year-old’s dual roles as a new parent and hip-hop legend are ironically attached at the hip. All viewers have to do is remember the Eve from the ‘90s and early 2000s, when the Grammy Award-winning lyricist was a global celebrity herself. From her platinum albums, to hit songs like “Who’s That Girl?” and “Let Me Blow Ya Mind,” to starring in her self-titled show Eve, the “Illest Pitbull in a Skirt” was a legit “it-girl” on the entertainment scene.
“I’m not going to lie. It freaked me out a little bit,” she told BET.com in an interview via Zoom. “This is very parallel to my actual life. How am I going to find Briana’s voice? Who is she?”
Her process to get into character was simple, reading through the script and pulling out similarities and differences, and then molding the role from there.
Queens follows four women in their 40s who reunite to retake the music industry by storm and go after the fame they attained in the ‘90s when they were at their prime.
Following the premiere of episode one on Oct. 19, BET.com can easily say that the head-bopping soundtrack, the nostalgic scenes and the chemistry between the ladies will make ABC’s latest show a hit.
Be sure to watch Queens, which also stars Brandy, Naturi Naughton and Nadine Velazquez, on Tuesdays ABC at 10/9C.
Watch the full interview below:
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024