A fan who attempted to approach LeBron James while he sat on the LA Lakers bench found himself kicked out of the game.
Apparently, a fan came out of nowhere during the Oklahoma City Thunder-Los Angeles Lakers game on Monday (Jan. 15), and wrapped his arms around James, somehow evading security, reports Sports Illustrated.
Eventually, the man was ejected from the arena as a stunned James put on his warm-up shirt and refocused on the game.
Take a look at how it all went down.
This is not James’ first encounter with a fan who has crossed the line at an NBA game. While playing for the Miami Heat in March of 2013, a Cleveland Cavaliers fan begged James to return by running on the court. In the 2020–21 season, a couple was ejected after harassing James from the front row while playing for the Atlanta Hawks.
“At the end of the day, I’m happy fans are back in the building,” James said after the altercation. “I miss that interaction. I need that interaction. We as players need that interaction. I don’t think that they were warranted to be kicked out."
Although the man did not physically harm James, it left many to wonder how a fan could get so close to the bench at one of the most renowned sports venues with several security guards on hand.
While the incident caused a disturbance that reverberated throughout Cypto.com Arena, James still managed to lead the Lakers to a 112-105 victory over the Thunder
The 19-time NBA All-Star posted 25 points, seven rebounds, and six assists.
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024
- Wendy Williams Finds Support in Blac Chyna Amidst Health Struggles: A Revealing Look in New Lifetime Documentary"Where Is Wendy Williams?" premieres on Saturday, February 24 at 8 p.m.02/23/2024
- Jermaine Dupri Confirms That Unreleased Usher Track Is Finally AvailableTaking to social media, the award-winning producer said that “Believe” will drop on February 23.02/23/2024