Paras Griffin/Getty Images
Benny Boom is an expert at bringing a party to life on the big screen. With a career spanning over two decades, the West Philadelphia native has worked with some of the biggest artists in the industry including Sean Paul and Sean “Diddy” Combs. His pioneering efforts have earned him several awards and honors including a nomination at the BET Awards 2022.
The legendary visual artist is up against several game shakers including Hype Williams, Missy Elliott, and Director X, just to name a few. As we gear up for the annual ceremony, hosted by award-winning actor, writer, director, producer, and philanthropist Taraji P. Henson, we’re looking back at some of the most significant work from this year’s nominees. The show will air live, Sunday, June 26, 2022, on BET at 8 pm ET/ PT from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles but before then. join us as we check out five times director Benny Boom set the scene for a sizzling hot moment with these classic music videos.
Diddy — “I Need a Girl Pt. 1” featuring Usher & Loon / “I Need a Girl Pt. 2” featuring Ginuwine, Loon, & Mario Winans
Benny brings a party filled with beautiful women for both music videos of Diddy’s 2-part music event “I Need a Girl Pt. 1” and “… Pt. 2,” respectively. Part one’s visual features mainly the Bad Boy Records founder and Grammy Award-winning entertainer Usher singing the song’s catchy hook amid a house party.
Part two features the hip-hop mogul in a similar scenery, accompanied by R&B veterans Ginuwine and Mario Winans and Loon returning for the sequel.
Sean Paul — “Like Glue”
The crowd is almost uncontainable at this concert-themed music video “Like Glue” by Grammy Award-winning Jamaican artist Sean Paul. In this visual, instead of Sean singing his original third verse, Paul's brother Jason yells outdances, and the dancers perform them accordingly, bringing the culture of dancehall center stage.
The Pussycat Dolls — “Beep” featuring will.i.am
The Pussycat Dolls give a high energy-packed performance from start to finish in the Benny-directed 2016 hit single ”Beep” featuring Grammy Award-winner will.i.am. The visual features several dance numbers, including a dance break at a nightclub.
Nicki Minaj — “Beez In The Trap “ featuring 2 Chainz
Nicki Minaj’s collaboration with Benny for her 2012 single “Beez in the Trap,” featuring rapper 2Chainz, earned the Queens, NY emcee a nomination for Best Hip-Hop Video at the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards.
Diddy — “Shake Ya Tailfeather” featuring Nelly & Murphy Lee
Diddy, Nelly, and Murphy Lee enjoy the beautiful experience Miami, Fl has to offer, including its dazzling locals for the Beeny-directed music video for the Bad Boy boss’s 2003 smash single “Shake Ya Tailfeather” from Bad Boys II Soundtrack. The visual included sizzle dance numbers and montages from the action film starring Martin Lawrence and BET Awards 2022 “Best Actor” nominee Will Smith.
Tune in to the BET Awards 2022 Sunday, June 26 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on BET.
- BET Awards 2022: The Celebs Sparkled And Shined on the Red CarpetIn the words of Rihanna, they shined (and sparkled) bright like diamonds.07/07/2022
- BET Awards 2022: Host Taraji P. Henson Came to Slay and EntertainLet's take a walk down memory lane to highlight the fashions worn by our amazing host!07/07/2022
- BET Awards 2022: Fashion Forward Prints Were a Red Carpet HighlightCelebs proved the prints can be fashion forward07/07/2022
- BET Awards 2022: Kirk Franklin Keeps His Record for Most Wins in the 'Dr. Bobby Jones Best Gospel/Inspirational' Award CategoryThe gospel legend has earned the honor six times.07/06/2022
- BET Awards 2022: Check Out These Essential Tracks from the Queen Bee Lil KimWhat’s your favorite song from the legendary rap star?07/06/2022
- BET Awards 2022: A Look Back at 5 of the Hottest Mariah Carey Collaborations EverDid you catch the Grammy Award-winning singer’s surprise performance with Latto?07/06/2022