Tupac's mother, Afeni Shakur, is divorcing her husband of 12 years, Gust Davis, and he's reportedly gunning after half of the late rapper's money.
According to TMZ, the divorce may get ugly as, for some reason, the couple doesn't have a prenup in place.
Afeni and Davis share lots of prorties together, including a 50 acre North Carolina ranch. According to North Carolina law, judges are not required to divide properties down the middle, but rather on a case-by-case basis to ensure fairness.
This doesn't look good for the late MC's mom as Davis' demands include the right to live on their shared ranch, keys to the houseboats, and his Jaguar. He also wants alimony. This is where Tupac's Estate comes into play. Pac's estate rakes in around $900,000 a year, and, according to Gust, Afeni gets around $20,000 a month after expenses — He wants half of that amount, monthly, for the rest of his life. Afeni has filed legal docs asking the judge to shut down Gust's request.
Afeni, who has been separated from Gust for a little more than a year, is currently living on a houseboat in Sausalito, California.
Watch the BET Breaks video, below, to see who will play Afeni in ab upcoming Tupac biopic:
BET.com is your No. 1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.
- Fireboy DML Is Ready To Drop Gems From His Year of GrowthThe Nigerian pop superstar retraces his musical journey with BET as he discusses his next studio album and his hopes for the future of African music.02/26/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Duet Partners and Featured Artists that Elevated H.E.R.'s TracksHer epic collaborations are among the best parts of the R&B singer’s award-winning catalog.02/26/2024
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024