A recent throwback video shared to TikTok revealed rapstress GloRilla’s humble beginnings.
On Tuesday, TikTok user @primeape09 shared footage of the Memphis, Tennessee native, born Gloria Hallelujah Woods, working at fast food restaurant Checkers before she became famous.
RELATED STORY: GloRilla Helps Fan Pay Their Bills With A Generous Donation
“‘Medium or large,’” he wrote, copying what the then-order taker asked a customer. “Bruh, she been funny her whole life.”
The video showed GloRilla mocking customers who asked for free food and cracking jokes as people watched her Live. The rapper was clearly with the sh*ts even back then. The “F.N.F. (Let’s Go)” femcee clowned a random dude who teased her about the gap in her teeth.
"'’What's up, gap?' Boy, you better get your ugly ass back before I block your little ugly lame ass," the 23-year-old clapped back.
GloRilla then turned on her lackluster customer service to take an order.
In June, the Memphis native gave a nod to her humble beginnings on Instagram. She shared a picture of herself from her time at Checkers in 2016, holding stacks of paper towels– seemingly foretelling that her paper game would change drastically. GloRilla candidly expressed that her rise to stardom wasn’t easy and that she remained faithful.
"A lot of people think ts happened for me overnight not knowing the hard work & passion I been putting in for years to get here!!" she captioned the photos. "I went thru humiliation, no support allat! I done cried so many nights in my pillow because I felt like I wasn’t elevating, but I never gave up !! Always said WHEN & not IF , Manifestation is real !!! I had lost so much shit before FNF ! Friends, Family, I was sleeping on Gloss & Teezy Couches , Broke AF making ts look good tho 😂I say all this to say NEVER GIVE UP ON YO DREAMS SHIT CAN CHANGE IN A BLINK OF AN EYE !!!!!! & y’all gotta know it don’t stop here I FOREVER got my Foot on they necks I’ll never let up.Iit’s so much more from where this came from 💞LETS GOOO."
The rapper has definitely come up. In November, Abbott Elementary’s Tyler James Williams spit hot fire over Glo’s track on Sway Callahan’s Sirius XM show.
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024
- Wendy Williams Finds Support in Blac Chyna Amidst Health Struggles: A Revealing Look in New Lifetime Documentary"Where Is Wendy Williams?" premieres on Saturday, February 24 at 8 p.m.02/23/2024
- Jermaine Dupri Confirms That Unreleased Usher Track Is Finally AvailableTaking to social media, the award-winning producer said that “Believe” will drop on February 23.02/23/2024