Mo'Nique is the latest guest to appear on "Club Shay Shay," and y'all know, she left no stone unturned.
Ever since the latest episode of the podcast hosted by Shannon Sharpe dropped on Tuesday (Jan. 6), it has trended on Twitter, taken over text chats and served as classic water cooler conversation. During the nearly three-hour episode, Mo'Nique called out several key figures in the TV and film community while resurfacing old beefs that do not appear to have been settled.
Here are five of the biggest bombshells from Mo's sitdown with Sharpe that made our jaws drop.
1. She addressed Tiffany Haddish for comments she made about her and her husband, Sidney Hicks, during an interview with GQ in 2018.
"This in my humble opinion is where we keep throwing each other under the bus," "The Parkers," alum said. "And she said, 'Well I don't do business like Mo'Nique do business and I'm glad I don't have that husband of hers."
After that, Mo'Nique took a breath, and unleashed the clip on the "Girl Trip" star.
"Tiffany, if you had a husband like mine, you may not have two DUIs," she said in reference to Haddish getting a DUI in 2022 and 2023.
Monique continued, "If you had a husband like mine, you may not be caught up in what looks like you could have been grooming a child," she said in reference to the 2022 scandal between Haddish and comedian Aries Spears in which they were sued for allegedly coercing a pair of siblings into recording sexually explicit skits, as reported by NBC. The accuser in the case later dropped the suit.
"I say all of that with no judgment, but when you speak about having a husband like mine, you open up the door, and I'm saying if you had one like mine, you may not sit in these positions that you can't explain the next day."
2. She accused Oprah Winfrey of "overstepping," her boundaries.
Mo'Nique's long-standing feud with the media mogul dates back to her appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show," in 2010, as cited by Entertainment Tonight. During that tapping, Mo'Nique felt blindsided when family members she did not approve to be on the show appeared in the episode who "downplayed" the abuse she suffered by her brother, Gerald Imes.
"I tried to be respectful. I tried to call you first. When she had my family on her show. I tried to call you first. I tried to talk to you privately, but then you became the Great Mighty Oprah Winfrey and you were too busy to talk. Well now, I'm going to talk about it," Mo'Nique explaind. "This woman has overstepped with me so in so many ways."
3. She called out Kevin Hart for allegedly dropping out of their deal.
Monique recounted a discussion she had with Hart who agreed to work with her on new projects.
"I tell you what, let's move past that [Tyler Perry not wanting to revisit their past griveances] and Mo, let's move past that and let's do some great things together. I will partner with you, I'll executive produce with you, you just let me know what you want to do," she remembered Hart saying.
Although Hart provided Mo'Nique with financial assistance that she eventually paid back with interest, he would later pull out of their deal.
Mo'Nique said she reached out to media production company Endemol to inform them of her new alliance with Hart. Two weeks later, Mo'Nique learned their deal had fallen short.
"Endemol says we just got a call from Kevin Hart's manager, Dave Becky, and Dave Beck says Kevin doesn't want anything to do with Mo'Nique."
After that, Mo'Nique phoned Hart, who claimed it was all a "miscommunication."
"We'll talk Tuesday, don't worry about it," Mo'Nique says Hart told her.
According to Mo'Nique, that was two years ago.
"I've never talked to Kevin Hart again," she noted.
4. She maintains that Oprah Winfrey and Tyler Perry contributed to black-balling her career.
Monique claims that prior to not wanting to do international press opportunities for "Precious," she had never been labeled "difficult."
"I never complained about the $50,000 [the amount she earned for her role in "Precious"]. I did everything I was supposed to do. It is when they started asking me to become a slave. It is when Tyler Perry and Oprah Winfrey started asking me to work for free. It is when they started doing the bidding for whomever the gatekeeper was at the time."
5. She says Al Sharpton acted shady towards her during the onset of her beef with Oprah Winfrey and Tyler Perry.
Mo'Nique says after she sent audio of a private conversation between she and Tyler Perry, the civil rights leader responded, "What that man did to you was wrong and you're like my daughter and we're going to have to get him to fix that."
After that, Sharpton's help appeared to be in limbo,
"We didn't hear from Al Sharpton for 6 months. The next time we saw Al Sharpton, he was on a podium talking about 'We don't need to fly commercial, cuz we can fly Tyler Perry's private jet,'" she explained.
"I said, that's why maybe I'm not hearing back from him."
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024
- Wendy Williams Finds Support in Blac Chyna Amidst Health Struggles: A Revealing Look in New Lifetime Documentary"Where Is Wendy Williams?" premieres on Saturday, February 24 at 8 p.m.02/23/2024
- Jermaine Dupri Confirms That Unreleased Usher Track Is Finally AvailableTaking to social media, the award-winning producer said that “Believe” will drop on February 23.02/23/2024