Photos from the Left: Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
Korn frontman Jonathan Davis says President Obama is "basically" a dictator who uses celebrities like Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, and Justin Bieber to distract Americans while he secretly passes laws to increase his power.
Davis, who once called the president an "illuminati puppet," rolled out his latest conspiracy theory with TMZ when asked about using images of Cyrus and other pop culture figures in his new band's video, "Spike in My Veins."
The influx of celebrity headlines — particularly those involving Cyrus' MTV Video Music Awards performance, which stayed in the news rotation for weeks and helped publicize the Disney singer's Bangerz album — are more ways for Obama to confuse America. "I think that our government uses those people to detract from what's really going on," Davis said. "You get very interested in what's going on in their lives."
While the American public was preoccupied with stories about West, Cyrus, Bieber, and others, Obama signed a law to give him more control, Davis accused. "Obama passed a law that basically makes him a dictator. He can imprison whoever he wants, he doesn't have to charge them, he can hold them as long as he wants."
The law Davis may be referencing is the National Defense Authorization Act that the president signed in January 2013. The law gives the military power to arrest and detain Americans without bringing them before a judge.
However, when the law was signed, Cyrus, West, and Bieber were hardly dominating the news cycle as they are now. Also, much of the information Davis attests that Obama is hiding is available online, including his executive orders.
Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
(Photos from the Left: Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images, Theo Wargo/Getty Images, Chelsea Lauren/WireImage)
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024