Michael Cox Jr., a former New York Giants running back, has reportedly won a huge verdict in a case arising from allegations of medical malpractice in connection with surgery to repair an ankle injury that he suffered in December 2014.
According to the New York Post, Cox won $28.5 million against now-deceased Dr. Dean Lorich and New York-Presbyterian Hospital. He will receive $15.5 million for future pain and suffering, $12 million for lost earnings, and $1 million for past pain and suffering.
Lorich passed away a year after the lawsuit was filed, in what was ruled a suicide.
“The jury spoke with a clear and unambiguous voice that Mr. Cox received inadequate medical care and treatment and was significantly injured as a result,” Cox’s attorney, Jordan Merson, said, according to the Post. “We are pleased with the jury’s decision.”
Cox was a seventh-round pick in 2013 from Massachusetts who had 76 career rushing yards in 18 professional regular-season games. He also returned 31 kickoffs, averaging 22.5 yards per return.
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024
- Wendy Williams Finds Support in Blac Chyna Amidst Health Struggles: A Revealing Look in New Lifetime Documentary"Where Is Wendy Williams?" premieres on Saturday, February 24 at 8 p.m.02/23/2024
- Jermaine Dupri Confirms That Unreleased Usher Track Is Finally AvailableTaking to social media, the award-winning producer said that “Believe” will drop on February 23.02/23/2024