(Photo: Shadi Perez/Adidas)
Attention Pharrell fans: here’s something new to be “happy” about.
The Grammy Award-winning producer and fashion designer is working on a new apparel line with Adidas, the athletic brand announced on Thursday.
The Originals x Pharrell Williams collection will hit stores this summer. Adidas says some of the products will be made with Williams's Bionic Yarn coming from the Vortex Project, an initiative with Parley for the Oceans to turn plastic debris from the oceans into yarn and fabric.
“From the classic track suit, to growing up in Virginia wearing Stan Smiths, Adidas has been a staple in my life. Their pieces are timeless. This is an exciting partnership for both me and for Bionic Yarn,” the singer-producer says.
A 35-second teaser video announcing the collab follows a pair of Williams’s customized Stan Smith Adidas tennis shoes walking backward through the streets and into a swanky hotel room, where he reaches out to grab his now famous Vivienne Westwood Mountain hat.
The “Happy” crooner already has fashion projects with G-Star jeans, Moncler, Comme des Garçons, plus a T-shirt collection with Uniqlo, but we have a feeling he’s up for the creative challenge.
BET.com always gives you the latest fashion and beauty trends, tips and news. We are committed to bringing you the best of Black lifestyle and celebrity culture.
Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024
- Wendy Williams Finds Support in Blac Chyna Amidst Health Struggles: A Revealing Look in New Lifetime Documentary"Where Is Wendy Williams?" premieres on Saturday, February 24 at 8 p.m.02/23/2024
- Jermaine Dupri Confirms That Unreleased Usher Track Is Finally AvailableTaking to social media, the award-winning producer said that “Believe” will drop on February 23.02/23/2024