Photos from Left: Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images
The world may be turning against Kanye West after his Twitter rants and tantrums, but he's still got a friend in Whoopi Goldberg. The host of The View discussed 'Ye's current P.R. problem on the show Thursday morning, and surprisingly jumped to his defense.
"Listen, his mother raised him to believe in himself. And I believe his mom said to him, 'If you don't believe in you, nobody will,'" she reasoned, going on to say that Kanye's ego is probably essential to his survival in the Kardashian family. "Now, [Kanye's mother]'s not there any more. And that family that he's married in to, they eat men."
She continued, "So, in order to maintain who you are, I think you have to have a strong ego. We always say, 'young Black men have to have big egos.' And then you got a young Black man with a big ego, and people go, 'oh, he's crazy.'"
'Ye could use every friend he can get right now, so hopefully he's already sent roses — or, better yet, a pair of Yeezy Boosts — to Goldberg's dressing room to say thank you. Meanwhile, love him or hate him, it's hard to deny Kanye keeps us on our toes. Catch up with the latest on his feuds and antics with BET Breaks, below:
BET.com is your No. 1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.
(Photos from left: Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images, Janette Pellegrini/Getty Images for Cantor Fitzgerald)
- ‘Where Is Wendy Williams?’ Producers Claim They Didn’t Know The Famed Host Was Diagnosed With Dementia"If we had known that Wendy had dementia going into it, no one would’ve rolled a camera,” said producer Mark Ford.02/27/2024
- Diddy Accused of Sexual Assault By Former Male EmployeeThe allegations against the entertainment mogul come from a former producer and videographer who most recently worked on the "Love" album.02/27/2024
- Halle Berry And Halle Bailey Link Up At Soccer Game In Los Angeles"I was living for this moment!!" said "The Little Mermaid" star.02/27/2024
- Beyoncé’s ‘Texas Hold ‘Em’ Takes the Number One Spot On Billboard Hot 100The song is her ninth number-one hit on the chart and her first since “Break My Soul” in 2022.02/27/2024
- Rhymefest Reimagines The Beauty of the Black Diaspora On His New Album ‘James & Nikki: A Conversation’The acclaimed multi-hyphenate pays tribute to the legendary writers on his latest project and he spoke about the impact he hopes to have with his art.02/27/2024
- This HBCU Alum’s Baseball Journey To The Major League Baseball Front OfficeFrom Alcorn State University to the Pittsburgh Pirates, Brandon Rembert shares how his HBCU prepared him for the pros.02/27/2024