Quavo is reflecting these days, particularly about his late nephew and fellow Migos member Takeoff, who was tragically shot and killed late last year.
During an interview with Jamie Crawford-Walker via YouTube, he explained how losing his family member has left a big hole in his life.
"I don’t know what I’m doing," Quavo said. "I feel like I’m just floating. I’m a grown man and I just feel like I’m here for a reason. And once I get my job done, we all gotta go. I’m just here until the job is done so I can get back with my boy."
‘Cleared My Soul’: Offset On BET Awards Performance With Quavo
Additionally, he noted how his latest project, Rocket Power, is an homage to Takeoff and his ongoing grief experiences.
“It means everything to me,” Quavo said when asked about what Rocket Power means to him. “Just being fueled by my brother, Take, and bottling in all these emotions—all the pain, all the hard times, all the times I cried and all the times I just made music to pull up and try to play songs and he’s not there. I’m just trying to get this fuel from above and this fuel from the sky and call it 'rocket power.'"
Further into the interview, Quavo said his nephew inspires him and will “always” be a present force in his life.
“I miss him a lot and I love him,” he explained. “He know I love him. That’s what we always know. So when you see me and you see me smiling or something like that, you don’t gotta never think, like, I forgot about him or I’ll forget about him. I think about him all the time. Sometimes I cry myself to sleep. I just know he’s here. If I can’t feel him, I just know he’s around.”
Watch the full conversation below.
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Key Roles that Define Michael B. Jordan's CareerDive into all of the career-defining TV and movie roles that skyrocketed Jordan to superstardom, from HBO’s “The Wire” to the blockbuster “Creed” franchise.02/23/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Queen of Documentaries: 5 Powerful Non-Fiction Films Directed by Ava DuVernayThe award-winning director has a knack for using her powerful lens to depict groundbreaking stories that tackle music, race, culture, and corrupt systems.02/23/2024
- Demi Singleton Says Her 'Bass Reeves' Character Changed How She Saw Her LifeSingleton shares her journey, challenges, and the empowering impact of bringing to light the untold stories of Black heroes in American history.02/23/2024
- 'Tyler Perry’s Sistas': Five Plot Twists That Could Happen With Karen’s BabySistas has so many twists and turns that it’s hard not to imagine the other crazy things that could pop up about Karen’s baby.02/22/2024
- DC Young Fly Pleads For The Return Of His Bag That Contained Jack Oh's Death CertificateThe comedian’s bag was allegedly stolen in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club.02/22/2024
- Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Frontotemporal Dementia And AphasiaHer medical team says both conditions have “presented significant hurdles” in her life.02/22/2024