Detroit Lions running back David Montgomery and his girlfriend, Tatum Causey, are being sued after their pit bull allegedly attacked another dog and its owners.
CBS Sports reports that Mark and Dana Owens filed the lawsuit against Montgomery and Casey in June. The suit was filed in Michigan’s Third Judicial Circuit Court.
According to the suit, the Owens were walking their cockapoo in front of Montgomery’s house when Lola, Montgomery’s dog, approached them from the driveway. Lola then bit and held onto the cockapoo’s left front leg. The pitbull then brought the cockapoo and the couple to the ground as they tried to release their dog from Lola’s grip.
In the police report, Causey, who received a citation for harboring a vicious animal, told the authorities that Lola escaped out of the gate in their backyard.
During a Grosse Pointe Shores City Meeting on June 20, Mark Owens said that the cockapoo suffered two leg fractures, required stitches, and had one of its legs amputated as a result of the incident. He also said that he suffered two puncture wounds on his left hand.
Owens described the incident as “absolutely the most horrific experience of my life.” And he had to undergo surgery for nerve damage, the Detroit Free Press reports.
On Monday (August 13), when asked about the lawsuit following practice, Montgomery said, “It’s getting taken care of.”
He declined to comment any further.
In March, Montgomery signed a three-year, $18 million deal with the Lions. As part of the deal, he is expected to split time at running back with Jahmyr Gibbs.
A hearing for the civil lawsuit is scheduled for Oct. 26.
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024