Photo: Charles Bergmann/BET/Tyler Vision, LLC
Happy New Year, one and all! Did you survive all the drama from last night's episode of "Tyler Perry's Sistas"? Well, if you didn't get a chance to see all the drama unfold, we got you, and let's just say season 7 is going to be a stunner.
Remember how the last episode ended? It looked like our girl Danni had seemingly gotten herself snatched up by some random man.
Well, it turns out she was just dreaming! For those of you old enough to remember the days of “Dallas” and who shot J.R., you’ll know that dream segments can leave you feeling like a fool.
What happens in this episode looks further ahead, as we’ve seemingly progressed a couple of months. Things start out with Danni waking up in a panic while in bed with Tony, who tries to comfort her. It turns out she has been having a slew of nightmares. Tony suggests that she go to therapy and of course she’s resistant.
Moving on, we find out that Andi and Jordan (who is being played by a different actor) are now a couple. Things are going well with them, but then we learn that Gary and Penelope are also back together. And for some extremely naive reason, Andi wants to try to settle things with Garry and be on better terms with him. Of course, she invited Garry and Penelope over for a couple's dinner.
Karen opens a new salon and she’s finally showing. Zac’s son, Michael, has been placed in foster care, so Zac is doing everything he can to get his son back. Maurice tells Sabrina that Calvin moved away with a new woman. Looks like the brother left and didn’t even tell her goodbye.
Speaking of Sabrina, she has a new man, too. It’s Rich, another one of Jordan’s friends, and things are looking good for the two of them…so far.
Ok, back to the dinner party.
Andi is being as courteous as she can be to Gary, but it’s weird, you know, because he’s low-key acting like a jerk. Unsurprisingly, Gary makes combative, out-of-pocket comments about his wealth and about Andi, and it’s easy to wish this part were a dream, but it’s not. It’s all just very awkward and ridiculous that no one has plotted Gary’s death thus far, or at least tried to jump him.
"Tyler Perry's Sistas"
Anyway, let’s fast forward a bit. Gary is pissed off at Andi and the entire situation, so he excuses himself from the group so that he can let off some steam. He does this literally, and in the most perverted way possible. Basically, Gary ends up in Andi’s closet and, while cursing her out, starts searching through her things until he comes across her intimate apparel. You read that right! He starts sniffing on her panties ya’ll because he’s a weirdo. Like, it’s one thing to have a panty-sniffing kink but dude, you’re in your ex’s closet while said ex is in the other room with her new man and his sister, who also happens to be your fiancée. The same fiancée who took you back after finding out you’re a serial cheater.
It gets worse. Penny starts to get concerned because she knows Gary has been gone for way too long, so like any woman, she goes to investigate. Well, she finds her man in his ex’s closet, choking his trouser snake while still holding Andi’s panties. Penny’s next words are, “OH MY GOD, GARY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" and we can’t wait to see what he comes up with next week to explain himself out of this one.
Chileeee…..until next week.
- This Week In Good Black News: Rihanna, A$AP Rocky in Fenty Film; Beyoncé Tops Billboard 100 With "Texas Hold Em"; Russell Westbrook to Build Affordable Housing in LAPlus, the Philadelphia Orchestra renames its concert hall after legendary singer Marian Anderson.03/01/2024
- Aldis and Edwin Hodge on Breaking Down Doors for Black Voices in Sci-Fi with ParallelThe brothers spoke to BET about their new sci-film.03/01/2024
- Wendy Williams' Publicist Regrets Being In Lifetime DocumentaryShawn Zanotti said she would not have participated in the docuseries if she had been aware that it wasn't going to celebrate the former TV personality's career.02/29/2024
- Method Man’s Daughter Releases New MusicGoing by the rap moniker Chey, her latest song “Boujee & Ghetto" has almost 50,000 views in the first week of its release on YouTube.02/29/2024
- Kodak Black Delivers His Fourth Child HimselfThe Florida rapper welcomed the newborn on Feb.27.02/29/2024
- Five Facts About 'The Oval’s' Javon JohnsonThe actor is passionate about the craft of acting and mentoring aspiring minds.02/29/2024