(Photo: Jackson Lee/GC Images)
UPDATE 9/12/19 - Kim Kardashian is all about her business! The 38-year-old mogul, allegedly made $2 million in under 5-minutes from her SKIMS shapewear line. Kim launched the line on Tuesday, Sept.10th, solely online and according to TMZ, fans nearly crashed the site causing the launch to take place at 12pm noon, instead of 10am.
SKIMS reportedly had thousands of items for sale beginning Tuesday, with nothing priced over $100. The initial inventory nearly sold out completely, as the brand is currently attempting to restock.
Kim tweeted about the low inventory, saying, "Our teams are working overtime to get everything restocked ASAP and my goal is to get our business to a point where we can make my shapewear and essential underwear items available and accessible always.
UPDATE 9/10/19 - It’s no secret that the reality star likes to use shapewear to enhance her curvaceous body, so it wasn’t a surprise that she would create her own line, SKIMS Solutionwear, which hit the market for purchase today (Sept. 10).
“I’m thrilled to see my brand SKIMS come to life! I rely on solutionwear to accentuate and enhance my body, shape, and silhouette. As my style changed and evolved, I found myself altering existing shapewear to work specifically for each look that I was going for. I knew I wasn’t alone in looking for the perfect shapewear and was inspired to turn my passion into something real that works for every body type.”
ICYMI: It’s been two weeks since Kim Kardashian made headlines for first naming her shapewear Kimono. Keep scrolling to learn more about why the original name caused an uproar.
“I feel like I’ve been designing shapewear for 15 years,” Kardashian West told PEOPLE. “I’m so proud of the line. I’m so proud of the fabric. I made things that haven’t really been made before,” she added.
The new shapewear is retailing from $18 to $98. They are sold in sizes XXS to 5XL, 28 cup sizes, three tensions, depending on the support you want, and nine diverse colors with even more shades coming soon.
“I used to have to dye my shapewear with tea bags in the sink to get the right shade of nude that would blend into my skin,” Kardashian West said. “I’d blow dry it, then if it needed to make it a shade darker, I’d put more tea bags in again. I’ve only seen two colors — one standard nude and one black.”
Kim displayed the diversity of the shapewear in color and sizes through her multi-platform social media campaign, which included her sister/model Kendall Jenner. She also included Alice Marie Johnson, the woman from Memphis, Tennessee, whom she helped get pardoned from prison in her shapewear campaign.
We are almost certain that the entrepreneur's line will be a success, especially if it includes the many shades of brown.
Originally Published 6/30/19 - Kim Kardashian has revealed a new name for her line of shapewear after the original name, Kimono, set off a firestorm of criticism.
Not only did she recieve backlash from the public, but Daisaku Kadokawa, mayor of Kyoto, Japan, issued a formal letter asking Kim to drop her trademark filing over the word “kimono.”
“Kimono is a traditional ethnic dress fostered in our rich nature and history with our predecessors’ tireless endeavours and studies, and it is a culture that has been cherished and passed down with care in our living,” he explains in the letter. “We think that the names for ‘Kimono’ are the asset shared with all humanity who love Kimono and its culture therefore they should not be monopolized.”
Kadokawa closed by inviting Kim Kardashian to Kyoto to experience the kimono culture in person to understand the city’s history and to reconsider the trademark.
After a successful trip to Toyko, Kim is now calling her shapewear line SKIMS.
The business mogul posted a campaign photo to Instagram with the caption reading: "My fans and followers are a huge inspiration to me – I’m always listening to their feedback and opinions, and am so grateful they shared their ideas for a new brand name. After much thought and consideration, I’m excited to announce the launch of @SKIMS Solutionwear™ coming September 10. I love the idea that the pieces will be the closest thing to someone’s skin, skimming with amazingly soft and supportive fabrics which accentuate the best parts of our bodies. Available in sizes XXS - 5XL, SKIMS Solutionwear™ is for every body. SKIMS.COM. #ShowYourSKIMS Photo: #VanessaBeecroft"
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024