(Photos from Left: Larry Busacca/Getty Images, Noel Vasquez/GC Images)
Hip-hop seems a little itchy lately as everyone seems to have a problem with something everyone is doing.
Beefs you never thought would happen, like Meek Mill vs. Beanie Sigel, are coming to fruition and even getting violent. If you thought The Throne was always going to be a strong institution, you’d have to backtrack that as well.
Last night (October 19) at a Saint Pablo tour stop at KeyArena in Seattle, Kanye Westdecided to unload on Jay Z. Seriously, this is no joke. Ye says he’s not going to record a sequel album to Watch the Throne with Hov anytime soon because of behind-the-scenes drama that took place when he attempted to get Jay on the album version of Drake’s “Pop Style.”
“Let me tell y’all something,” Kanye told the crowd. “There will never be a Watch the Throne 2. You know why? Because that’s the reason why I wasn’t on the song ["Pop Style"]. I wasn’t on the song because of Hov. Because of some Tidal/Apple bulls**t. This shit get me tight every time I perform this motherf**ker.”
If you’re wondering why Jay Z decided to supposedly hide behind his streaming company and not give fans what they really wanted on the song, Yeezy goes into pretty good detail about that as well.
“Jay thought of a couple lines,” he explained. “I said, 'Man, just go ahead and throw that on there. They’ll be so surprised. He probably wouldn’t expect you to be on there.' And [Drake] was like, 'Oh s**t, The Throne is on this s**t!' Then Jay thought about it and, out of respect for Meek Mill, he ain’t want to be on the track. And I said, 'Look, I’ll call Drake, I’ll call Meek, I’ll call y’all… We gotta let people have this song!' But then it went out of that territory and it went into some Tidal s**t, some political s**t, some s**t about percentages on songs. I can’t take this s**t, bro! Our kids ain’t never even played together. Run that s**t.”
That’s not all. On the topic of Kim Kardashian’s armed robbery in Paris, Kanye West explains how angry he was that Jay Z only gave him a phone call to ask how they were rather than making an in-person appearance.
"Don't call me, after the robbery, and say, 'How you feelin'?'” he yelled out. “You wanna know how I'm feelin'? Come by the house."
Sheesh. It’s unclear as to what brought on this tangent as “Pop Style” is months old by now. It’s also strange why Meek Mill’s beef with Drake meant so much to Hov. Drake or Meek have yet to respond publicly to any of this. Guess the third presidential debate wasn’t the only contentious event going on last night.
Check out everything Kanye West had to say about Jay Z last night at his Seattle Saint Pablo show below.
- 'Tyler Perry’s Sistas': Five Plot Twists That Could Happen With Karen’s BabySistas has so many twists and turns that it’s hard not to imagine the other crazy things that could pop up about Karen’s baby.02/22/2024
- DC Young Fly Pleads For The Return Of His Bag That Contained Jack Oh's Death CertificateThe comedian’s bag was allegedly stolen in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club.02/22/2024
- Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Frontotemporal Dementia And AphasiaHer medical team says both conditions have “presented significant hurdles” in her life.02/22/2024
- 6 Black-Owned Businesses HBCU Students Should ShopIn honor of Black History Month, we’ve compiled a list of Black-owned businesses students will love to shop.02/22/2024
- Whoopi Goldberg Defends Malia Obama’s Decision To Drop Her Last Name Professionally"The Color Purple” star clapped back at critics saying, “This is a grown woman! Leave her alone.”02/22/2024
- Snoop Dogg Pays Tribute To His Brother Who Passed AwayBing Worthington, the legendary rapper’s half-brother, passed away on Feb 16.02/22/2024