Another day, another "huh?" moment courtesy of Raven-Symoné. During Thursday morning's episode of The View, the topic of discrimination based on names was introduced after a study published in the Journal of Evolution and Human Behavior found that there was some validity to the theory. Of course, Raven chimed in, and she doesn't give one eff about your feelings.
"Just to bring it back, can we take back 'racist' and say 'discriminatory,' because I think that's a better word. And I am very discriminatory against words like the ones that they were saying in the video," she said. "I'm not about to hire you if your name is Watermelondrea. It's just not going to happen. I'm not going to hire you."
After the red mohawk-rocking panelist shared her view, another co-host pointed out that no one really has control over what name his/her parents chose. Raven seemed to ignore her comment, adding, "Is that mean?" in reference to her statement.
From claiming she's from "every continent in Africa" to refusing to hire people based on the premise of them having "ghetto" names, it's hard to even wonder what she'll say next.
This clearly isn't the first time Raven has shared her opinion on a hot-button topic. Check out what else she's said over the past few months in The Warm Up video below:
BET.com is your No. 1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.
- Gayle King Helped Plan Son's Recent Engagement"And I now have a favorite daughter-in-law to be,” said the "CBS Mornings" co-host.02/27/2024
- Keyshia Cole Surprises Middle Schoolers With “Love” Performance During RecitalThe Grammy-nominated singer performed with students at the Ron Clark Academy in Atlanta.02/27/2024
- ‘Where Is Wendy Williams?’ Producers Claim They Didn’t Know The Famed Host Was Diagnosed With Dementia"If we had known that Wendy had dementia going into it, no one would’ve rolled a camera,” said producer Mark Ford.02/27/2024
- Diddy Accused of Sexual Assault By Former Male EmployeeThe allegations against the entertainment mogul come from a former producer and videographer who most recently worked on the "Love" album.02/27/2024
- Halle Berry And Halle Bailey Link Up At Soccer Game In Los Angeles"I was living for this moment!!" said "The Little Mermaid" star.02/27/2024
- Beyoncé’s ‘Texas Hold ‘Em’ Takes the Number One Spot On Billboard Hot 100The song is her ninth number-one hit on the chart and her first since “Break My Soul” in 2022.02/27/2024