Cardi B is now in the single ladies' club.
Over the weekend, the "Bodak Yellow" rapper revealed in an Instagram Livestream that she and her husband, Offset, were no longer an item. Cardi B also said she has been dropping hints on social media that point to their split.
"I've been single for a minute now, but I don't know how to tell the world," she said during the session that welcomed a crowd of more than 14,500 users. "But I feel like today has been a sign. The last time I got on Live, I kind of wanted to tell you guys, but I didn't know how to tell you, so I changed my mind. But it has been like this for a minute now. I just took it as a sign."
As the year draws to a close, she is not waiting for Jan. 1 to make changes in her environment; she is starting now.
"I want to start 2024 fresh and open. I'm curious for a new life, for a new beginning," she continued.
Last week, fans of the rappers noticed they had stopped following each other. Then, on Dec. 4, Cardi B posted another ambiguous message to her IG story.
"You know when you just out grow relationships," she said while elaborating, "I'm tired of protecting peoples feelings...I GOTTA PUT MYSELF FIRST!"
The rappers exchanged vows in 2017 and have welcomed two children: daughter Kulture, 5, and son Wave, 2. He is also a dad to three more children from previous relationships.
This is not the first time the couple has broken up. Back in Dec. 2018, they called it quits after Offset was embroiled in cheating rumors, as reported by E! News. A month later, Cardi B confirmed they were repairing their relationship.
However, the "Up" rapper filed for divorce in 2020, as cited by E! News. But less than two months later, she called it off.
They celebrated their 6th anniversary in September, and Offset showered Cardi B with pink flowers.
Along their love journey, Offset noted the key to their relationship has been “respecting her position” and communication.
So, will this be a repeat of their 2018 break when they eventually reunited? Only time will tell.
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024
- Wendy Williams Finds Support in Blac Chyna Amidst Health Struggles: A Revealing Look in New Lifetime Documentary"Where Is Wendy Williams?" premieres on Saturday, February 24 at 8 p.m.02/23/2024
- Jermaine Dupri Confirms That Unreleased Usher Track Is Finally AvailableTaking to social media, the award-winning producer said that “Believe” will drop on February 23.02/23/2024
- This Week In Good Black News: Beyoncé Makes Music History, Frankie Beverly Announces Farewell Tour, and Megan Thee Stallion Releases Nike CollectionPlus, Brittney Griner’s number was retired by Baylor University and Scarface is heading out on tour!02/23/2024