(Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images)
Over time, we’ve come to acknowledge Roc Nation’s rap and business legend JAY-Z by many monikers: Hov, Jay Z, Jay, Sean Carter and Jigga, to name a few.
But with the arrival of his 13th studio undertaking, we all have some keyboard memory adjusting to do, as Pitchfork announces that he’s returning a hyphen and a caps-lock update to his formerly recognized “Jay Z” title. Confirmed from a Roc Nation representative, the name change (or reimplementation, rather) accompanies his forthcoming 4:44 album as well. Hopefully for fans who were alive long enough to witness his career-long series of name swaps, however, Jay will give everyone some time to get used to his new way and spelling of things.
See fans’ hilarious concerns below.
- Fireboy DML Is Ready To Drop Gems From His Year of GrowthThe Nigerian pop superstar retraces his musical journey with BET as he discusses his next studio album and his hopes for the future of African music.02/26/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Duet Partners and Featured Artists that Elevated H.E.R.'s TracksHer epic collaborations are among the best parts of the R&B singer’s award-winning catalog.02/26/2024
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024