(Photo: Paras Griffin/BET/Getty Images for BET)
Jill Scott and her estranged husband, Mike Dobson, have been dragging each other since officially announcing their divorce after 13 months of marriage.
Now, with days passing since their announcement, Dobson is asking for the singer to do him a solid.
It hasn't all been bad news with the soul songstress. See what she has to celebrate lately with BET Breaks, above.
According to Bossip, Dobson is asking the "Golden" singer to be "more cordial" in their divorce proceedings. He promised to comply as well.
"Please know that this very public approach to a sensitive matter ilke a divorce was never my intention, nor will it be my approach moving forward, despite the false statements published about me daily," he said in a statement. "Jill and I collectively have three children involved here and for the sake of their privacy and dignity, I would just ask all parties involved not to comment, say mean things and to please respect my individual privacy, her privacy and our children, who have to read all of these comments and statements."
Scott filed for divorce from Dobson earlier this month citing irreconcilable differences and "imporoper marital conduct." According to Tennessee law, this could translate to anything from verbal and physical abuse to sexual assault.
Dobson remained adamant, however, that he never once mistreated his soon-to-be ex-wife, and went on to claim that he was "blindsided" by her filing, saying he was under the impression that they were separating, but trying to work things out. From then, he went on to drag her, claiming she was "an evil woman" who would often emasculate her partners.
He has since said that he would no longer speak ill of Scott in public and went on to thank the public for their support.
"From the bottom of my heart I want to thank you all," he said.
- Keyshia Cole Surprises Middle Schoolers With “Love” Performance During RecitalThe Grammy-nominated singer performed with students at the Ron Clark Academy in Atlanta.02/27/2024
- ‘Where Is Wendy Williams?’ Producers Claim They Didn’t Know The Famed Host Was Diagnosed With Dementia"If we had known that Wendy had dementia going into it, no one would’ve rolled a camera,” said producer Mark Ford.02/27/2024
- Diddy Accused of Sexual Assault By Former Male EmployeeThe allegations against the entertainment mogul come from a former producer and videographer who most recently worked on the "Love" album.02/27/2024
- Halle Berry And Halle Bailey Link Up At Soccer Game In Los Angeles"I was living for this moment!!" said "The Little Mermaid" star.02/27/2024
- Beyoncé’s ‘Texas Hold ‘Em’ Takes the Number One Spot On Billboard Hot 100The song is her ninth number-one hit on the chart and her first since “Break My Soul” in 2022.02/27/2024
- Rhymefest Reimagines The Beauty of the Black Diaspora On His New Album ‘James & Nikki: A Conversation’The acclaimed multi-hyphenate pays tribute to the legendary writers on his latest project and he spoke about the impact he hopes to have with his art.02/27/2024