A year after Michael Clarke Duncan's death, the actor doesn't appear to be resting in peace thanks to fighting among his loved ones.
Duncan, who died at 54 of respiratory failure after complications from cardiac arrest, lays in an unmarked grave at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Los Angeles, TMZ reports. The lack of a marker on his tomb is due to fighting between his family and his fiancée, Omarosa. It seems both parties want control over the content and style of the marker, and neither have put in an order for the plaque, which has already been paid for as part of Duncan's final funeral expenses.
Sources close to Omarosa say the reality star had planned to order a plaque inscribed with Duncan's name and the date of his birth and death, but was blocked by his family because they wanted to handle it.
But friends of Duncan's family claim that Omarosa is the problem, saying she identified herself as the late actor's "wife" on the cemetery paperwork (Duncan's death certificate says he was never married) and promised to order the inscription, but never did.
Now, the parties are at a standstill because they refuse to communicate. Sources say the unmarked grave is especially painful for Duncan's 95-year-old mother, who is in poor health and wants to see her son rest in peace before her time comes.
Hopefully they can resolve their differences and do what's right for MCD.
BET.com is your #1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.
Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
(Photo: Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images)
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Key Roles that Define Michael B. Jordan's CareerDive into all of the career-defining TV and movie roles that skyrocketed Jordan to superstardom, from HBO’s “The Wire” to the blockbuster “Creed” franchise.02/23/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Queen of Documentaries: 5 Powerful Non-Fiction Films Directed by Ava DuVernayThe award-winning director has a knack for using her powerful lens to depict groundbreaking stories that tackle music, race, culture, and corrupt systems.02/23/2024
- Demi Singleton Says Her 'Bass Reeves' Character Changed How She Saw Her LifeSingleton shares her journey, challenges, and the empowering impact of bringing to light the untold stories of Black heroes in American history.02/23/2024
- 'Tyler Perry’s Sistas': Five Plot Twists That Could Happen With Karen’s BabySistas has so many twists and turns that it’s hard not to imagine the other crazy things that could pop up about Karen’s baby.02/22/2024
- DC Young Fly Pleads For The Return Of His Bag That Contained Jack Oh's Death CertificateThe comedian’s bag was allegedly stolen in Los Angeles at the Hollywood Improv Comedy Club.02/22/2024
- Wendy Williams Diagnosed With Frontotemporal Dementia And AphasiaHer medical team says both conditions have “presented significant hurdles” in her life.02/22/2024