Ex-NBA All-Star Rajon Rondo was arrested on Sunday (Jan.28) in southern Indiana on misdemeanor gun and drug charges, the Associated Press reports.
According to authorities, Rondo’s black 2022 Tesla was pulled over for a traffic violation in Jackson County when authorities were alerted that the vehicle was driving “recklessly on I-65 South between Indianapolis and Louisville.”
When the state trooper stopped Rondo, the smell of marijuana came from the vehicle. Also, a firearm and drug paraphernalia were discovered inside. At the time of the arrest, a juvenile was in the car with him.
Eventually, Rondo was transported to Jackson County Jail where he posted bond and was released. The juvenile who was Rondo's passenger was released to a family member.
This is not the first time that Rondo has had a run-in with the law.
In May 2022, he was accused of threatening the mother of his children with a gun in front of their home in Louisville, Ky. The unidentified woman filed for an emergency protective order claiming that she feared for the safety of herself and her children.
"I am extremely fearful for my safety and for the safety of my children," she said at the time. "Rajon has a history of volatile, erratic, explosive behavior."
Rondo was barred from carrying a firearm because of protective orders issued against him last August, the AP said. The one from 2022 was dismissed in June of that year. But in 2023, another was issued because of a similar incident with the same woman. The two agreed to a court order in August 2023, and that protective order was lifted as well.
After playing collegiate ball at the University of Louisville, Rondon was selected as the No. 21 overall pick in the 2006 NBA Draft by the Boston Celtics. He went on to become a two-time champion (2008 with the Celtics and 2020 with the Los Angeles Lakers), was named to four All-Star Games, one All-NBA team, and four All-Defensive teams. With 7,584 assists, Rondo is currently ranked 14th all-time.
In his 16-year career, Rando had played for the Celtics, Dallas Mavericks, Sacramento Kings, Chicago Bulls, New Orleans Pelicans, the Lakers, Atlanta Hawks, Los Angeles Clippers, and the Cleveland Cavaliers during his 16 seasons in the league.
No date has been set for Rondo to appear in the Jackson County Superior Court.
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024
- Wendy Williams Finds Support in Blac Chyna Amidst Health Struggles: A Revealing Look in New Lifetime Documentary"Where Is Wendy Williams?" premieres on Saturday, February 24 at 8 p.m.02/23/2024
- Jermaine Dupri Confirms That Unreleased Usher Track Is Finally AvailableTaking to social media, the award-winning producer said that “Believe” will drop on February 23.02/23/2024