The prosecutor’s office in Young Thug’s YSL RICO trial is facing criticism from the presiding judge over how they’re bringing forward evidence and witnesses. In fact, it’s made Judge Ural Glanville so annoyed that he’s considering excluding it if a satisfactory explanation isn’t provided.
According to Yahoo, as jury selection reached its conclusion, the prosecutor’s office exponentially expanded its witness list, which had the judge accusing it of being evasive in providing evidence required by discovery.
“I am really annoyed about this,” Judge Glanville reportedly said on Thursday (November 2). “This is ridiculous! Your witness list has grown by two-thirds since then! And I don’t know why! You’d better have a dang good explanation on the 16th, because if you don’t, I’m going to exclude it. Right now, I’m telling you: without anything further, it’s gone.”
T.I., Kevin Liles, and More Named as Witnesses in Young Thug RICO Trial
He continued: “This is ridiculous! There is no plausible explanation I’ve gotten that would suffice, and we just keep — you just keep dribbing and drabbing out evidence. Nuh-uh.”
The prosecution will be able to respond during an upcoming hearing scheduled for later this month.
Young Thug faces eight charges, including conspiracy to violate the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act and participation in criminal street gang activity, along with other drug and weapons offenses. The newly selected jury comprises seven Black women, two white women, two Black men, and one white man.
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024
- Wendy Williams Finds Support in Blac Chyna Amidst Health Struggles: A Revealing Look in New Lifetime Documentary"Where Is Wendy Williams?" premieres on Saturday, February 24 at 8 p.m.02/23/2024
- Jermaine Dupri Confirms That Unreleased Usher Track Is Finally AvailableTaking to social media, the award-winning producer said that “Believe” will drop on February 23.02/23/2024