(Photo: Kevork Djansezian/Getty Images),
Spike Lee gave a special shoutout to actress Glenn Close following the 93rd Academy Awards on Sunday (April 25) after she surprised the crowd dancing to the E.U. 1988 single "Da Butt," famously featured in Lee's movie School Daze released the same year.
"I got to give a shout out to my sister Glenn Close," the Oscar-winning director said in his Instagram post. "Who I heard gave me love on 'School Daze' and she was doing Da Butt too. Glenn Close was doing Da Butt! I saw it on a video, you were getting down."
The moment went viral on the internet during the show when comedian and actor Lil Rel quizzed the audience about famous songs from movie soundtracks and whether they had won or been nominated for an Oscar.
Eight-time Oscar nominee Close shocked viewers when they learned that she knew a lot about “Da Butt.”
To top off the evening, the show’s DJ, The Roots’ Questlove, started playing the track and Close stood up and showed off her dance moves.
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024