(Photo L-R: Gotham/GC Images and Steven Ferdman/Getty Images)
Rihanna has been keeping nearly every and any detail pertaining to music under tight wraps. Most recently, the Barbadian superstar was in NYC for the roll-out of her upcoming self-titled photo book, Rihanna, at the Guggenheim Museum, Friday (Oct. 11).
During the launch party, Entertainment Tonight reporter Rachel Smith asked if “Private Loving," a song that was recently registered to BMI, would be the title of her forthcoming ninth studio album.
“That’s not gonna be the title of any album,” Rihanna told Smith, jokingly adding that the album is still “pending” when asked to elaborate on what the album is shaping up to look like. So far, the Anti singer has only confirmed that the album will be reggae-inspired.
“I can give you a dot, a dot, and a dot,” she replied. “The thing is, when I get more information, you will be the first to know. I will gladly vomit that out on a red carpet.”
But her appearance elsewhere following her book’s launch has fans theorizing that Rihanna’s comeback will happen any day now. The 31-year-old was spotted hanging out with A$AP Rocky and his Mob entourage following the rapper’s Rolling Loud set this past Sunday (Oct. 13) as an honorary member of the Mob.
The moment has the Navy convinced the songstress is officially wading back into music. Kicking it with the Mob, Rihanna got in on some of the fun as a rap battle went down. Rih is shown alongside Rocky casting her vote for the best set of bars.
One moment in particular from the clip has the internet in stitches. In the brief video, Rihanna hilariously shoots down one Mob member’s weak bars, setting the crowd off into a chorus of "Ohs."
Barring her performances at her Fenty X Savage fashion show and Diamond Ball gala, the Navy has sorely missed seeing the songstress perform on stage in a long while. It's not clear why Rih was there or whether she just showed up to support her friend. Whatever the case may be, fans are taking it as a positive sign she’s ready to dip her toes back into music.
Even Rico Nasty couldn’t hold back the disappointment at just narrowly missing Rihanna.
“Rihanna was at rolling loud,” she tweeted Monday morning (Oct. 14). “I feel so mislead. I feel so….the feeling I feel is indescribable.”
Based on footage going around social media, it seems Rihanna had an all-around good time soaking in the vibes. The Navy is happy to see Rihanna back in her element.
But for now, fans are majorly disappointed they didn’t get to see her grace the stage at the hip-hop music festival.
- 'All The Queen’s Men': Tied UpTrouble and Champ are a little too cocky about their crimes and get caught up.02/22/2024
- Tyler Perry Issues Warning For His Steamy Kelly Rowland and Trevante Rhodes-Led Thriller ‘Mea Culpa’: “This Is For Grown Folks”Tyler Perry, Kelly Rowland, Trevante Rhodes, and RonReaco Lee talked to BET about coming together to make their “grown and sexy” Netflix thriller.02/22/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: The Characters & Animated Roles That Shaped Cree Summer's LegacyThe queen of voice acting is behind some of this generation’s most iconic animated characters across TV and film.02/22/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 6 Things You Didn’t Know About Victoria MonétThe songwriter turned R&B performer took home three Grammys for her latest album, “Jaguar II.”02/22/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Afrobeat Royalty: Burna Boy's Regal Red Carpet MomentsBeyond being an Afrobeats giant, Burna Boy is well-known for his rockstar style.02/22/2024
- Young Thug Identified As the Alleged Gunman On 911 Call During YSL RICO TrialThe Atlanta rapper was ID'd by an unidentified woman in the 2013 incident.02/21/2024