(Photos from left: Marcus Ingram/Getty Images, Peter White/Getty Images)
This weekend, Brandy took to Twitter where she seemingly teased a musical link-up between the two R&B singers. Solo had taken to the social media platform to express her love for “Rather Be.” The track comes from Brandy’s latest studio offering, B7, that she released on July 31.
“It’s the run at 2:1 for meeeeee,” Solange tweeted at her with a crying emoji.
Brandy reciprocated her sentiments, writing back, “Solo, I love you. What happened to our song? I really want that to happen. Our voices together will be magical. Thank you for your unconditional support.”
Naturally fans’ interests were piqued by the exchange and they were quick to let Brandy know in her mentions.
“your WHAT???? YOUR SONG???? like « BOTH OF YOU » on a SONG????” one person triple-checked. Another added, “Please don’t play with me like this.”
Other inquiring minds were interested in knowing whether the possible song would be dropping anytime soon.
Fans will just have to wait and see if the collaboration actually comes to fruition, it will definitely be music to their ears if it does. Based on Brandy’s response, it appears Solange almost appeared on her latest release, B7, so fans might not have to wait too long.
Brandy made her long-awaited return with the release of B7, her first album in eight years since the release of 2012’s Two Eleven. In a recent interview with Rolling Stone, the 41-year-old spoke on her legacy and inspiring the new generation of R&B stars, Solange included.
“It’s a very special feeling,” she said. “It feels like the work that I have put in, all of the time that I spent on trying my best to master my craft and trying the best to choose the right songs and come up with the right titles and the right harmonies and the right ad-libs, and everything that I’ve put into building a unique sound for myself.”
Brandy continued, “To get the praise that I’ve been able to get, it’s just a very special feeling and I’m super humbled by it. It always feels good to be acknowledged in that way, and it feels like the work that I’ve done is recognized and it’s not in vain. That keeps me pushing forward in everything that I do. I really appreciate those artists for mentioning me and just being influenced by me. It’s beautiful.”
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024