Not only do peaceful protesters have to worry about police, they have to also be aware of violence from viliinates.
Peaceful protesters were walking through the Central West End neighborhood of St. Louis on Sunday, June 28. They were walking to St. Louis Mayor Lyda Krewson’s office after she revealed on social media the names and addresses of people who have called to defund the police.
The protesters were calling for her resignation.
While walking to the mayor’s office, a couple aimed their guns at the protesters. The husband was armed with an AR-15 and the wife has a handgun.
See the video below, which has over 10 million views.
According to local St. Louis media outlet Riverfront Times, the two have been identified as personal injury lawyers Mark and Patricia McCloskey.
Some social media users tagged the couple “Karen and Ken” and blasted the pair for their actions and called for their arrest.
St. Louis Mayor Lyda Krewson has now apologized for revealing the names and addresses of citizens who called to defund the police. She said in a June 28 statement, "As you probably know from following my Facebook page, for more than three months now I have been doing tri-weekly community updates on Facebook in an effort to be transparent and accessible during the COVID-19 pandemic.”
She continued, "Tonight, I would like to apologize for identifying individuals who presented letters and comment cards to me at City Hall as I was answering a routine question during one of my updates earlier today.”
Mayor Krewson also added, "While this is public information, never did I intend to cause distress or harm to anyone. The post has been removed and again, I sincerely apologize."
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024