(Photo: Jonathan Bachman/Getty Images, Michael Zagaris/San Francisco 49ers/Getty Images)
The story of Denver Broncos backup quarterback Chad Kelly just goes to show how white privilege exists not just in the NFL but maybe in all of football.
Early Tuesday morning, Kelly was arrested and charged with first-degree criminal trespassing, the Englewood Police Department of Colorado said in a news release.
Before his arrest, Kelly had attended star linebacker Von Miller’s annual Western-themed Halloween party. During the party, Kelly was involved in two separate physical altercations, according to NFL Network.
Kelly was eventually escorted from the party, where Broncos players were “not happy” with his behavior.
Sometime after the party, police responded to a call about "a male standing outside a residence" around 1 a.m. According to court records, a man and woman told police a man came into their home uninvited after 1 a.m. Tuesday and sat down on the couch "mumbling incoherently."
The records say the man chased the intruder out and stuck him once in the back with a vacuum tube.
When police conducted a search of the area, they found Kelly in a black SUV near a local concert venue. He was later booked at the Arapahoe County Jail but has since been released, Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Audry LaCrone confirmed.
This is not Kelly’s first run in with the law or having his name in headlines for misconduct. The seventh-round pick out of Ole Miss was previously arrested in Buffalo in 2014 when he allegedly punched a bouncer.
Kelly was also dropped from the team at Clemson for “conduct detrimental to the team.”
The Broncos have since announced they cut ties with the quarterback over his arrest, yet some are asking why he hasn’t been blacklisted from the league like Colin Kaepernick was for enacting a civil protest.
- Fireboy DML Is Ready To Drop Gems From His Year of GrowthThe Nigerian pop superstar retraces his musical journey with BET as he discusses his next studio album and his hopes for the future of African music.02/26/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Duet Partners and Featured Artists that Elevated H.E.R.'s TracksHer epic collaborations are among the best parts of the R&B singer’s award-winning catalog.02/26/2024
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024