Drew Sidora is grieving the death of her father after his battle with Alzheimer’s disease.
“The Real Housewives of Atlanta” star shared a touching video tribute to her dad on Instagram on Monday (August 15). The post included Luther Vandross’ “Dance With My Father” in the background, as reported by Page Six.
“You’re never prepared for the inevitable, but here we are…. It is with tears flowing, I announce that my father Dr. Robert A. Jordan has made his transition into Heaven.” she began the post’s caption. “As my mom says, He fought a good fight and finished his race, with a smile on his face he picked up his crown at Heaven’s Gate!”
Sidora also extended a token of gratitude to those who have been supportive of her throughout her father’s health struggle.
“Thank you to all of you constantly messaging and writing me, sharing your own personal experiences with a loved one battling Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia. We’re forever connected,” she wrote.
She added that she will cherish the close relationship she had with her father.
“I was a Daddy’s Girl and I will cherish the precious memories that will forever live in my heart and his legacy lives forever!” she wrote.
Drew also shared that Jordan was more than just her father. He was a pillar in the community whose mission was to serve those in need.
“He was the best pediatrician in all of Chicago and if you knew, you knew! He was passionate about helping people, saving lives and providing quality healthcare to those in the indigent community,” wrote Sidora. “He served 4 generations or patients within his practice and he will truly be missed. He had the most humble and sweetest spirit and we will celebrate HIS LIFE!!!!!”
Some of Sidora’s reality TV family showered her with condolences. In the comments section of the post, Kandi Burrus wrote, “I’m praying for strength for you and your family.” And Kenya Moore said, “😢😢😢 my prayers to your family during this time. 🙏🏾.”
The Real Housewives of Atlanta alum Porsha Williams added, “I’m so sorry! I will Pray for you and your family 😞💔🙏🏾.”
- Megan Thee Stallion Drops New ‘Hot Girl Systems’ Collection With NikeThe line features body-inclusive pieces from sports bras to body suits and customizable footwear.02/20/2024
- Diddy Hires Ghislaine Maxwell’s Attorney For 2003 Rape CaseBobbi Sternheim, the Bad Boy founder's new lawyer, also defended Khaled al-Fawwaz, Osama Bin Laden's aide.02/20/2024
- Tameka Foster Opens Up On Frightening Medical EmergencyIn 2009, she suffered a health emergency in Brazil that prevented her from getting lipo.02/20/2024
- ScHoolboy Q Changes His Mind About Allowing White People To Use The N-WordThe South Central rapper claims he was on drugs when he made his previous statements.02/20/2024
- Usher Addresses Public Outcry Over Super Bowl Performance With Alicia Keys“We celebrate it because of the legacy of it,” Usher said of their 2004 collaboration “My Boo.”02/20/2024
- Frankie Beverly of Maze Announces His ‘I Wanna Thank You Farewell Tour’The R&B icon is retiring after first forming the legendary band in 1970.02/20/2024