Photo: Paul Bruinooge / Contributor
The tragic loss of DMX is touching so many people, especially those who were close to him.
Redman is one of those in Hip Hop who was famously linked to DMX, whose real name was Earl Simmons. He told BET about his connection and friendship with X and asked everyone to pray over his passing.
"X, I'm a miss you bro. The first day we met, we initiated ourselves as cousins," he said in a self-recorded video. "That's what I'm going to miss most – running up on each other yelling, 'Cuzzo, cuzzo' – why? because we're both a child of god and we both walk with the holy spirit. And I want you to continue praying. I want you to continue praying like when you was here."
He added: "My condolences to the Simmons family and all them beautiful kids you got. And if any of the kids need big unc, I'm here."
Redman also took to his social media after hearing the news of X’s passing and relayed a beautiful message.
“Welcome Home Cuzzo !!” Redman captioned a post on Instagram featuring a picture of the two of them. “I will see you again one day !!”
He added “My Condolences to the Simmons family.. Im Here if you need me !!”
Additionally on Twitter, Redman shared a legendary photo of himself and DMX along with Jay-Z and Method Man from the 1999 “Hard Knock Life” Tour.
DMX passed away on Friday (April 9) after suffering a heart attack a week earlier. He reportedly suffered an alleged drug overdose on April 2 and was described as being in grave condition at a White Plains, New York, hospital.
According to TMZ, the OD incident occurred at his home at around 11 p.m. and triggered a heart attack. He was in the critical care unit and sources close to him told the celebrity news outlet that Simmons had “some brain activity” and is in a “vegetative state.”
Prior to his passing, brain activity tests were administered on DMX, which revealed that he had yet to regain brain function.
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024