(Photo: Prince Williams/Getty Images)
JT is out of prison and is keeping it realer than ever. After finishing up her year-long bid, the Miami-bred rapper has been hard at work cooking up new music following her federal-imposed hiatus.
She made her long-awaited return with her first single in over a year, “JT’s First Day Out,” within hours of her release and Quality Control honcho Pierre “Pee” Thomas told TMZ on Monday (Oct. 14) that the 26-year-old has been clocking some serious hours in the studio.
In between music sessions, JT has also been busy making up for lost time with fans through Twitter. She has been open about sharing what her life was like in jail.
On Sunday (Oct. 13), she was back on the social platform where she shared a piece of advice that stuck with her now that’s back. In a moment of reflection, JT opened up about what she learned from women behind bars that she served time with.
“I was locked up [with] so many women who were in prison because they kept it real [with] men [and] those men did not keep it real with them! I want y’all to know that whatever you do, DON’T let a man influence you in the moment of “love” if he love you he wouldn’t put you in situations PERIOD.”
JT made sure to emphasize that these women’s actions did not make them “stupid,” pointing out how these women were taken advantage of “in a state of vulnerability.” Wrapping up her address, JT made sure to remind her City Girls to take care of themselves first.
“We taking these n*ggas money [and] putting [ourselves] first from here on out!,” she finished.
See her reveal the experience and conversations in the post below:
- Wendy Williams' Publicist Regrets Being In Lifetime DocumentaryShawn Zanotti said she would not have participated in the docuseries if she had been aware that it wasn't going to celebrate the former TV personality's career.02/29/2024
- Method Man’s Daughter Releases New MusicGoing by the rap moniker Chey, her latest song “Boujee & Ghetto" has almost 50,000 views in the first week of its release on YouTube.02/29/2024
- Kodak Black Delivers His Fourth Child HimselfThe Florida rapper welcomed the newborn on Feb.27.02/29/2024
- Tory Lanez Files New Appeal Over Megan Thee Stallion VerdictThe Canadian rapper is currently serving a 10-year sentence at North Kern State Prison in California.02/29/2024
- Opinion: Lifetime's 'Where Is Wendy Williams?' Documentary Should Raise Concerns Over Ethics and AccountabilityThe producers displayed insensitivity and a lack of regard for Wendy's well-being, and people should be outraged by it.02/29/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 5 Instances Where Ari Lennox Redefined Modern R&BThe powerful vocalist has used her endearing music to usher in a new sound for modern R&B.02/29/2024