Tracey Edmonds is providing insight into what led to her split from Deion Sanders.
In a candid post on Instagram on Sunday (Dec. 10), the producer clarified details that led them to call off their engagement, as reported by PEOPLE. According to Edmonds, she initiated their break up.
"I want to clarify that it was my decision to end the relationship, despite any different narratives being presented," she alleged in the post.
"I've chosen to prioritize myself and my family, moving forward towards a future where I am valued, treated with honesty, and free to embrace the happiness and respect I deserve," she continued.
"I hate to have to respond to the media, but sometimes it's necessary when the falsehoods get out of control! ✌🏽❤️," she said.
On Sunday (Dec. 3), the now-exes announced they had decided to go their separate ways in a joint statement on Instagram, as reported by PEOPLE. The announcement was accompanied by a throwback image from 2018 at the NFL Honors ceremony.
"To EVERYONE who has been there for us, supported us, and shown us love...We have mutually decided that it is best for us to move forward in life AS FRIENDS and have made this decision with love in our hearts, respect for each other, and appreciation for the time we've shared together," they said in the caption of the post made on Edmonds' account.
The statement closed with, "Please keep us in your prayers as we go through this transition. Thank you for being there for us ALL THESE YEARS! We love you and appreciate you SO MUCH! 🙏🏽❤️."
Sanders –also known as Coach Prime– responded to the message with more sentiments in the comment section of the post.
"Love u Tracey and You've been a true blessing to me. I appreciate the times we've shared and they laughs we've had," the University of Colorado football head coach said. "You are an amazing woman and a tremendous mother. God bless u with every endeavor and every step u take. You are HER. Tracey-Mack !!!" The comment section of the post has since been private.
The couple met in 2012 at a movie premiere for a film that Edmonds had produced. Then, in 2019, they took their relationship to new heights with an engagement.
Edmonds is mom to sons Brandon and Dylan, whom she shares with ex Babyface. The former athlete is a dad to a daughter, Deiondra, 31, and a son, Deion Jr., 29, with ex-wife Carolyn Chamber. He also has three more kids with his second wife, Pilar Biggers-Sanders: sons Shilo, 23, Shedeur, 21, and daughter Shelomi, 18.
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Let's Rewind & Marvel at Marsai Martin's Acceptance Speech From 2020If you didn't know already, Marsai Martin is a star!02/28/2024
- Ray J And Princess Love Relationship TimelineThey are headed towards divorce for the fourth time since getting married in 2016.02/28/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Roles that Defined Keke Palmer's CareerThe Emmy-winning “booked and busy” actress has dazzled audiences onscreen for the last two decades.02/28/2024
- Gayle King Helped Plan Son's Recent Engagement"And I now have a favorite daughter-in-law to be,” said the "CBS Mornings" co-host.02/27/2024
- Keyshia Cole Surprises Middle Schoolers With “Love” Performance During RecitalThe Grammy-nominated singer performed with students at the Ron Clark Academy in Atlanta.02/27/2024
- ‘Where Is Wendy Williams?’ Producers Claim They Didn’t Know The Famed Host Was Diagnosed With Dementia"If we had known that Wendy had dementia going into it, no one would’ve rolled a camera,” said producer Mark Ford.02/27/2024