This episode finds the group getting more into their studies. Parker and Joseline patch things up with each other before school starts. Ray J and Iman are still away, but the rest of the group head to a Civil Rights museum to expand on their lessons. Their task is to partner up and pick topics from the museum to present. They get to choose from slavery, segregation, mass incarceration and lynching. This is not filmed because the museum is a sacred space and it's important for them to reflect on what they’re seeing and experiencing. It’s all very intense for them. They all seemed to learn a lot and felt connected to their roots.
Once classes are over, they get home to find that Iman is back and decide to prank him by staging an almost fight between Joseline and Kway. Iman tries to break it up thinking it’s real but then they tell him what’s up. He takes it in stride. This is part of a newly established rule: people who leave the house get pranked, and Ray J gets caught up in that too.
He texts Amber to see what’s up in the house so they tell him that Joseline and Parker had a physical fight. Ray asks who won, of all things. Smh.
We fast forward to Kway, Parker, and Tiffany signing up for the spirit squad. Tiffany is a flag girl, Parker is a majorette (a Stingette), and Kway is a drum major. They must prepare for the upcoming Magic City Classic between Alabama State and Alabama A&M, so the stakes are right.
Ray J finally returns after missing the first week of school, on a day that also happens to be Amber’s birthday. But first, they have to get through classes. They have their first acting class, where Ray J falls asleep. Once again, he’s pulling the smartest person in the room shtick and doesn’t really want to participate because “he’s been part of the screen actor’s guild since before he could drive.”
Once classes are over, they return home to celebrate Amber, who says she doesn’t usually celebrate her birthday. Still, she’s happy to participate in the festivities in her honor. Joseline’s husband Ballistic even stops by and brings champagne to the party. The night goes well as they all turn up without drama and without thinking about how they have school in the morning. Surprisingly most of them make it to classes the next day, but Joseline, Ray J and Tiffany stay home, hungover and knocked out.
Remember when Dr. Petty asked them to learn the school’s hymn? Welp, now is the time for them to show and prove but they were supposed to sing different verses with a partner and people are missing. They push through anyway and the ones who were present do a good job. Amber got a separate assignment because she didn’t want to sing about god. Her job was to recite the names of some ASU founding fathers, the Marion 9. She couldn’t remember their names so Dr. Petty gave her a week to get it together and redeem herself.
The episode wraps with Dr. Petty popping up to the house to make a surprise visit. She wanted to check on Ray, Joseline and Tiffany; they will be in for a shock.
- Former WWE Star Michael Jones, Known As 'Virgil,' Dies at 61He was best known for being the bodyguard for the “Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase during his time in the WWF and WCW.02/28/2024
- Kanye West and Ty Dolla Sign Sued For 'Unauthorized Interpolation' By Donna Summer's EstateThe lawsuit claims that the two artists used Summers "I Feel Love" without permission on their track "Good (Don't Die)" from their album “Vultures 1.”02/28/2024
- BET Talks: Torrei Hart Says She Phoned Ex-Husband Kevin Hart ‘Out Of Respect’ When She Decided To Join Katt Williams On Tour“There are children involved. I’m not out here to be messy at all,” she told BET.02/28/2024
- Lynda Gravátt, Acclaimed Broadway and Television Actress, Dies at 76The award-winning actress appeared in several productions on stages in New York and played a pivotal role in the Washington D.C., theater community.02/28/2024
- Rihanna And A$AP Rocky Star In New Fenty Short FilmThis power couple is unstoppable!02/28/2024
- Chanel Iman and NFL Star Davon Godchaux Tie the Knot in Romantic Caribbean Yacht Wedding"Together we will continue to move mountains and love each other through thick and thin,” said the supermodel.02/28/2024