(Photo: Dia Dipasupil/Getty Images for American Express)
Melissa Viviane Jefferson, better known as the amazing Lizzo, is having a fantastic summer and collecting major coins. After an explosive and entertaining performance at the 2019 BET Awards, she is now repping a major brand in the beauty industry.
On June 27, groundbreaking beauty brand Urban Decay announced that the 31-year-old singer/rapper is one of the Global Citizens for their #PrettyDifferent campaign, and we think that they got it right.
To challenge the status quo, the company reminds people that makeup is for anyone and everyone and should always be fun, untamed and unexpected. The launch of "Pretty Different" is a manifesto that embraces pure, unapologetic individuality.
"'Pretty Different' is our anthem for fellow makeup junkies who don't subscribe to beauty standards," says Wende Zomnir, Urban Decay's founding partner. "It's our tribute to individuality because everyone is pretty different. It's our approach to reinventing what it means to be a beauty brand."
“Baby’s first makeup campaign- Im #prettydifferent I love my wide face, high cheekbones, and double chin! Im a bad bitch in my @urbandecaycosmetics!!! What makes you pretty different??? #UDPARTNER”, Lizzo posted on the ‘gram for her 2.5 million followers to read.
The “Cuz I Love You” singer is in the company of Ezra Miller, Joey King, Karol G and CL, whom Urban Decay considers trailblazers who refuse to accept forced standards and instead champion uniqueness.
Congratulations to Lizzo, there can only be more success ahead for such a talented artist.
You can participate in the "Pretty Different" global movement at UrbanDecay.com
- Drink Recipes Inspired by 'All the Queen's Men' CharactersTake a sip of these delicious concoctions inspired by the series!03/04/2024
- Celebrating Timeless Love: Five Unforgettable Black TV Couples Who Defined Relationship GoalsFrom the comedic highs of Martin and Gina to the journey of Rainbow and Dre, these iconic Black TV couples continue to inspire and reflect the complexities of love.03/04/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: Kyla Pratt's Enduring Charm: 7 Memorable Roles from Child Star to Adult ActressThe NAACP Image Award nominee has been active in the entertainment biz since the ‘90s.03/04/2024
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024