Travis Scott and Kylie Jenner’s W Magazine cover story was reportedly scrapped after the Astroworld Festival tragedy, where 10 people died—including a 9-year-old boy—and 300 others were injured on Nov. 5.
Now, TMZ reports that apparent cover photos were reportedly leaked. The cover Image reportedly showed “Kylie and Stormi standing as Travis seems to hold an ear to his partner’s stomach, listening to his soon-to-be second child’s heartbeat,” the report says.
But in the wake of Astroworld fest, Scott, Jenner and W Magazine reportedly agreed to pause the cover. However, despite their efforts to pause the production, the cover had already been printed, Page Six reported. The news outlet states that the cover had been shot but editors did not want it to be released to the public.
A Page Six insider told TMZ, “W editors have cleared any planned coverage of Travis and Kyle from their website, but the magazine was already printed, and now they are trying to stop the delivery trucks. In the light of what happened at Astroworld, the interview and cover lines seem inappropriate, to say the least.”
The cover shows Kyle and daughter, Stormi, standing up. It appears as though Travis is listening to the heartbeat of his soon-to-be second child.
A total of 10 reported deaths and hundreds of injuries happened due to the November 5 Astroworld stampede. Among the multiple families that declined Scott’s offer to pay for funeral expenses, the family of the youngest Astroworld victim, 9-year-old Ezra Blount, was the first to do so.
With all the lawsuits (one as high as $2 billion) Scott, Live Nation and other event organizers and performers are facing, the alleged cover for the magazine is not at the top of their list of material that needs to be issued.