Fetty Wap is giving a glimpse into what life’s been like behind bars after he was sentenced to six years in prison for a federal drug conviction.
In his first interview from prison, the New Jersey rapper spoke with about how he arrived at the circumstances that took away his freedom, noting that much of it related to providing for his family.
“Nobody made me do it. Nobody forced me to do it,” he told the publication. “When I put myself in that situation, I ain’t really think for the long run. I’m thinking I could just run up a few million dollars, and I’m gon’ be good forever.”
Fetty Wap Prison Photos Surface
Fetty added: “When I wanted to start doing shit, this is what I know how to do. It was like, ‘I’m being honest with myself.’ Like, ‘Aight, the music wasn’t really doin’ that good’…. Instead of pursuing my career harder or going harder to make people listen, I was a coward… and I was just like, ‘I can’t let my family down.’”
Additionally, Fetty explains how he believes he’s provided for his family since being incarcerated in May.
“It was like, ‘Man, like, I got y’all [my family]. I’m never gonna let y’all fail.’ But if I gotta be away for however long, y’all gon’ be good no matter what,” he said. “Personally, I feel like I stuck to my word. I tell people all the time I’m in jail. I’m locked up, but I’m not f****d up. I’m takin’ care of my whole family from jail still. That s**t don’t stop. I mean, what I was doing stopped. Let me clear that up. But as far as takin’ care of my family, I found different outlets in here. Different people that helped me.”
Also, during the interview, Fetty Wap explained how 50 Cent helped teach him about obtaining different income streams, warned fans about making the same mistakes he did and a lot more. Read it in full here.
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024
- Wendy Williams Finds Support in Blac Chyna Amidst Health Struggles: A Revealing Look in New Lifetime Documentary"Where Is Wendy Williams?" premieres on Saturday, February 24 at 8 p.m.02/23/2024
- Jermaine Dupri Confirms That Unreleased Usher Track Is Finally AvailableTaking to social media, the award-winning producer said that “Believe” will drop on February 23.02/23/2024