A Dillard’s employee in Dallas has been fired after he allegedly yelled the N-word at a Black father who showed graceful restraint to the worker in a video that went viral.
In a video posted to Instagram, the Black man is heard saying, “My 10-year-old son heard you call me ‘a fucking n*****,’ I want you to know this is unacceptable.”
A social media user named Aisha posted the video last Monday (July 25), claiming that the department store tried to get the video removed and went on to explain that she began recording the encounter when the Dillard’s employee called her cousin, who was shopping with his young boy, a racial slur after asking where the fitting rooms were located.
“Unfortunately, a 10-year-old male was exposed to how cruel this world can be towards him BECAUSE OF THE COLOR OF HIS SKIN,” Aisha wrote, “but his father showed him the right way to handle the situation, gracefully.”
In a Facebook post advertising new handbags, a user questioned if the white man got to keep his job. “The allegations made against our former employee were promptly investigated, found to be in clear violation of our standards, and his employment with Dillard’s was immediately terminated,” the company responded.
In the video, the white man can be seen leaning over a counter while listening to the Black father. “It’s unacceptable. You shouldn’t do that. You’re too old,” the Black man says calmly. “I carry myself with honor. I would never disrespect any human being by calling them outside of their name. You don’t know the impact of what you’ve done to my son. But maybe you were unaware.”
The father then continued explaining why using the racial slur is wrong and questioned why the white man used it.
“You disrespected me… and my family,” the father says, gesturing toward his child. “But I would never do that to your family or even you. …I would never treat anybody that way. But I want you to know man to man, that shit’s not cool. …Treat human beings with respect, and morals, and values.”
- Dylan Dilinjah Says Dave Chappelle’s Classic ‘Making the Band’ Sketch Ruined His CareerThe Brooklyn rapper said that the skit made it hard to get his career off the ground.03/04/2024
- Beyoncé Shares How She Shops Incognito At TargetIn a recent interview, the 32-time Grammy winner shared how she goes undetected at her favorite retail store.03/04/2024
- Scottie Pippen And Larsa Pippen Sued For $250 Million By His Alleged Ex-Girlfriend For Stalking And HarassmentChyvette Valentine claims she dated the former Chicago Bulls player between 1987 and 1993.03/04/2024
- Twin! Where Have You Been?! Muni Long Surprises And Inspires Screaming Brooklyn StudentsThe viral “Made For Me” singer stuns unsuspecting Brooklyn students.03/04/2024
- Rihanna Performs At Wedding In India For Multi-Billionaire HeirRiRi rocked the house while looking stunning per usual.03/04/2024
- Terry Crews Opens Up About Beating His Abusive Father On 'Club Shay Shay'The actor shared a big lesson on forgiveness and healing.03/04/2024