If you had any place on your body to place a tattoo, where would you put it? For most, it’s a no-brainer, but others go to extremes to be different-- but a lip tattoo definitely tops off the list as #different!
For this week's episode of our "Good to Glow" series, 27-year-old Jess underwent a lip blush tattoo; a semi-permanent treatment aiming to highlight the God-given physical features we adore. Jess hopes the lip blush procedure will cut down her makeup time, evenly pigment her lips, and make those lips look thick!
Located on NYC's Upper East Side, PFrankMD Skin Salon is a practice of cosmetic dermatologists specializing in non-invasive cosmetic treatments. Recently, the practice added cosmetic tattooing and semi-permanent makeup, which Jess sat through with an aesthetician.
The first step of the treatment is to apply lip balm to the lips, making sure they're nice and soft. This also allows the procedure to be easier, helping the color of the lip blush to absorb in.
On to the next step-- numbing cream is applied for 10 minutes to minimize discomfort of the lips. While the cream sits, the aesthetician mixes the organic lip blush pigments, meaning they’re not synthetic colors.
Third, the aesthetician outlines the lips to help guide where to apply the lip blush before tattooing the pigment.
The best candidates for the lip blush treatment are those with lighter lip colors. Those with darker lips have greater risk of hyperpigmentation.
Also, it is recommended to get the treatment done once a year, because the color of the pigmentation will fade.
Don’t like the results of your new tattoo? Don’t worry! The treatment can be reversed with a salt solution. The sun may also pull the color out, which is why it's important to use SPF on the lips to avoid discoloration.
Ready for a lip transformation? Watch to see Jess’ lip blush results!
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024
- Wendy Williams Finds Support in Blac Chyna Amidst Health Struggles: A Revealing Look in New Lifetime Documentary"Where Is Wendy Williams?" premieres on Saturday, February 24 at 8 p.m.02/23/2024
- Jermaine Dupri Confirms That Unreleased Usher Track Is Finally AvailableTaking to social media, the award-winning producer said that “Believe” will drop on February 23.02/23/2024