(Photo credit by TONY KARUMBA/AFP via Getty Images)
A veritable string of celebrities pulled up to Martha’s Vineyard to celebrate former President Barack Obama’s 60th birthday.
The party, hosted Saturday (August 7) at the Obama’s mansion, was scaled back considerably amid concerns about the rapidly spreading Coronavirus Delta variant. But numerous celebrities still made the “family and close friends” cut, according to the Boston Herald.
Beyoncé and Jay-Z, John Legend and Chrissy Teigen, and Dwyane Wade and Gabrielle Union, George Clooney, Tom Hanks, Stephen Spielberg and Bruce Springsteen were among those who made their way to the island, the Boston Globe reports.
Questlove curated the party’s food selection with a non-meat menu including “Spam Musubi” made with plant-based faux-beef, faux-pork, and plant-based eggs and Cheesesteak Eggrolls, the Boston Herald writes.
Former talk show host Oprah Winfrey and film director Ava Duvernay were among a number of stars who declined their invitations due to the spread of the Delta variant, the report notes. The Obamas hired a doctor to serve as “COVID coordinator.” All attendees had to submit negative test results within a certain window for the largely outdoors gathering, the New York Post writes.
Despite some setbacks, the Obamas and their guests reportedly had a ball, dancing the night away. An aerial shot of their venue featured two massive tents, a temporary dance floor, and chairs scattered across the 30-acre property, the Boston Herald reports.
- Wendy Williams' Publicist Regrets Being In Lifetime DocumentaryShawn Zanotti said she would not have participated in the docuseries if she had been aware that it wasn't going to celebrate the former TV personality's career.02/29/2024
- Method Man’s Daughter Releases New MusicGoing by the rap moniker Chey, her latest song “Boujee & Ghetto" has almost 50,000 views in the first week of its release on YouTube.02/29/2024
- Kodak Black Delivers His Fourth Child HimselfThe Florida rapper welcomed the newborn on Feb.27.02/29/2024
- Tory Lanez Files New Appeal Over Megan Thee Stallion VerdictThe Canadian rapper is currently serving a 10-year sentence at North Kern State Prison in California.02/29/2024
- Opinion: Lifetime's 'Where Is Wendy Williams?' Documentary Should Raise Concerns Over Ethics and AccountabilityThe producers displayed insensitivity and a lack of regard for Wendy's well-being, and people should be outraged by it.02/29/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 5 Instances Where Ari Lennox Redefined Modern R&BThe powerful vocalist has used her endearing music to usher in a new sound for modern R&B.02/29/2024