(Photo: Cindy Ord/Getty Images for Allergan, Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images)
French Montana makes his acting debut in the new film The Perfect Match, which explores different kinds of romantic relationships, so we caught up with the rapper to share the best and worst relationship advice he's ever received.
"The worst relationship advice I ever had was, 'Be with her 'cause she's famous,'" he tells BET.com, making a pretty obvious reference to his most famous ex, Khloé Kardashian. While he doesn't name-check Khloe specifically, something tells us he's not talking about Trina or Sanaa Lathan, though it's definitely possible.
On a positive note, he added, "The best relationship advice I had was, 'Follow your brain, not your heart,' 'cause sometimes your brain knows things your heart never knows. You've just got to be smart about things."
Also, the rapper says he isn't afraid of being with an "alpha female," but admits that it's difficult trying to strike that perfect balance: "I've been with a couple independent, strong women," he said. "But the best thing about it, which could be the worse thing about it, is that they think like a man... sometimes, it's like, she's independent and doing her thing, and you're independent and doing you're thing, it's like do we come to a level?"
Interesting. See the rest of the Perfect Match cast dish on dating here, and see French's full comments on dating, relationships and more in the video above.
BET.com is your No. 1 source for Black celebrity news, photos, exclusive videos and all the latest in the world of hip hop and R&B music.
- Gayle King Helped Plan Son's Recent Engagement"And I now have a favorite daughter-in-law to be,” said the "CBS Mornings" co-host.02/27/2024
- Keyshia Cole Surprises Middle Schoolers With “Love” Performance During RecitalThe Grammy-nominated singer performed with students at the Ron Clark Academy in Atlanta.02/27/2024
- ‘Where Is Wendy Williams?’ Producers Claim They Didn’t Know The Famed Host Was Diagnosed With Dementia"If we had known that Wendy had dementia going into it, no one would’ve rolled a camera,” said producer Mark Ford.02/27/2024
- Diddy Accused of Sexual Assault By Former Male EmployeeThe allegations against the entertainment mogul come from a former producer and videographer who most recently worked on the "Love" album.02/27/2024
- Halle Berry And Halle Bailey Link Up At Soccer Game In Los Angeles"I was living for this moment!!" said "The Little Mermaid" star.02/27/2024
- Beyoncé’s ‘Texas Hold ‘Em’ Takes the Number One Spot On Billboard Hot 100The song is her ninth number-one hit on the chart and her first since “Break My Soul” in 2022.02/27/2024