Prayers up for Keke Wyatt and her family. During a live performance, the soulful singer openly revealed through song that her unborn child has a rare genetic disorder. "Recently I found out they tryin' to say my baby has Trisomy 13," she tearfully sang to the audience at the City Winery-Atlanta on March 13th, 2022.
Watch the tear-jerking performance from Wyatt, who recently took to Instagram to announce she is expecting her 11th child.
According to WebMD, children with Trisomy 13 (also known as Patau Syndrome) may experience “severe mental and physical problems.”
While the pregnant star was met with an outpouring of love and support, Wyatt recently took to Instagram to reveal that she also saw cruel comments from Internet trolls. She addressed the negativity with a prayer.
“I’d like to send a special prayer 🙏🏾 out for the rude, cruel people that took time out of their day to get on social media & make disparaging & morbid comments concerning my pregnancy,” Wyatt wrote on March 16.
The ‘My First Love’ singer continued, “This past weekend at my show I was very transparent with my amazing fans (who I see as family) about the status of my pregnancy. I explained to them, the day after my maternity photo shoot my husband & I received the news that our baby tested positive for Trisomy 13 per the doctor. It was a moment that wasn’t planned during my show but at the end of the day I felt in my spirit to share or encourage another women that might have to face this battle.”
To those with negativity in their hearts, she cautions think before you speak.
“For all of the disgusting people out there that are wishing ill on me and my baby. Say what y’all want about me, I’m use to it…No weapon formed against me will prosper anyway🙌🏾. BUT a innocent unborn baby?? Be careful putting your mouth on people. I pray that God gives you grace when Life comes knocking on your front door & you won’t reap what u are sowing,” she explained.
She concluded on a happy note, saying, “For all of the POSITIVE stories, emails and support I’m getting THANK YOU! I will not let the negativity drain all of my positive energy…. I work hard and my husband & I take care of ALL our children with NO help but GODS OoooooKaY! We will continue to believe the report of the Lord! #GodsWillBeDone 💋💋💋.”
We love you, Keke! Join us in sending our support and love to her family during these uncertain times.
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024