Last week’s episode of “Tyler Perry’s Sistas” ended with Zac asking Karen for a DNA test, so for this week, let’s pick up where we left off at that moment. This doesn’t go well because Karen doesn’t think they need one since they’ve already confirmed that Aaron isn’t the father. Karen also blames Fatima for putting Zac up to this, but the gag is that her mom encouraged Zac to get DNA, too. Later, Karen’s mom convinces her to be reasonable and get the DNA test. We’ll see where this goes in another episode.
Let’s fast forward a bit. Gary is in his office spiraling after hearing that Jordan is doing well regarding public perception regarding his city council race and wants to ramp up his efforts to sabotage him.
In other news, Sabrina and Rich are still trying to make things work, even though there’s that elephant in the room. You know, Sabrina wants children and he doesn’t. That becomes clear again when Sabrina visits him at his juice bar and reveals that she plans to freeze her eggs. Rich tells her that that’s great for her because if they don’t work out, she should be able to have children if that’s what she wants.
Later on, Penelope slips into Gary’s office while he’s away. If you recall, she found his passport with a different name and identity last week. So she’s back snooping and finds a warrant but doesn’t get to explore further because Gary and one of his partners walk in on her. She plays it off like she’s just there to surprise him with lunch. Gary is no fool and knows that she was snooping, so he gets her out of there so he can return to his dastardly deeds.
Now we go to Andi and Fatima’s workplace. It seems the feds have eased up a bit, but Fatima fills Andi in on a scandal that popped up on the news involving one of Jordan’s former teammates. That person got caught having an affair with his underage intern. Fatima tells Andi to ensure Jordan has no dirt in his past. Andi, as naive as she is, swears up and down that that could never be Jordan.
Finally, the episode winds down with Andi on a dinner date night with Jordan. She talks to him about the scandal, and Jordan senses that this is her beating around the bush about what he has going on. He assures her he has no crazy drama, but we’ll see how that changes when Gary gets involved. Speaking of Gary, he’s sitting outside the restaurant in his car sniffing coke, and when he watches Andi and Jordan leave, he points a gun at their car. Thankfully, he doesn’t shoot, but he’s becoming more unhinged, and no one seems as concerned as they should, given the behavior they’ve already seen. Anyway, let’s pick this back up next week.
- This Week In Good Black News: Rihanna, A$AP Rocky in Fenty Film; Beyoncé Tops Billboard 100 With "Texas Hold Em"; Russell Westbrook to Build Affordable Housing in LAPlus, the Philadelphia Orchestra renames its concert hall after legendary singer Marian Anderson.03/01/2024
- Aldis and Edwin Hodge on Breaking Down Doors for Black Voices in Sci-Fi with ParallelThe brothers spoke to BET about their new sci-film.03/01/2024
- Wendy Williams' Publicist Regrets Being In Lifetime DocumentaryShawn Zanotti said she would not have participated in the docuseries if she had been aware that it wasn't going to celebrate the former TV personality's career.02/29/2024
- Method Man’s Daughter Releases New MusicGoing by the rap moniker Chey, her latest song “Boujee & Ghetto" has almost 50,000 views in the first week of its release on YouTube.02/29/2024
- Kodak Black Delivers His Fourth Child HimselfThe Florida rapper welcomed the newborn on Feb.27.02/29/2024
- Five Facts About 'The Oval’s' Javon JohnsonThe actor is passionate about the craft of acting and mentoring aspiring minds.02/29/2024