For HBCU students and alumni, ranking high on a best-dressed campus list only further solidifies the notion that these students are intellectually and aesthetically top notch. Howard University recently snagged the number two spot on the Huffington Post’s “Best Dressed Colleges” list. Sliding in just under New York University, HU even beat out the style-icons-in-training at Parsons.
Women’s Wear Daily perfectly described DC’s fashion elite as possessing “an air of confidence, a sense of where they're going," with HuffPo adding, “From their head to their toes, these put-together coeds are the definition of chic.”
For decades, the yard has been filled with ambitious ladies and gents flaunting their unique brand of style. It’s no wonder they’ve, as of late, drawn more attention to their funky looks with the nation’s First Lady redefining what it means to be Black and stylish.
(Photo: Amy Sussman/Getty Images for Bermuda Department of Tourism)
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024