Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage
Just one week after crowning Jay-Z the first rapper to reach billionaire status, Forbes has followed up with it’s list of the highest paid rappers in 2019 who could be the next to join Hov at the top.
Naturally, Jay clocked in at number one with an estimated net worth of $1 billion as previously reported. Dr. Dre trailed behind the Roc Nation founder in the number sport worth an estimated of $800 million.
The Beats founder declared himself a billionaire in 2014 after Apple paid him a cool $3 billion for his headphone line. But, Forbes has maintained that the media mogul is a few hundred million short of the designation. The publication also reported that the rapper-turned-entrepreneur did some heavy spending in recent years that had an impact on his net worth.
Diddy, a consistent presence on these annual lists, came in at third place. Forbes credited his alcohol brand Ciroc as the main driver behind much of his estimated $740 million fortune.
Despite his reported $53 million debt, Kanye West slid in at number four with an estimated net worth of $240 million. His highly lucrative deal with Adidas helped push him ahead of Drake, who rounded out the top five in the bottom spot with a networth of $150 million. For comparison, he was only worth $47 million in 2018.
Although he’s a long way from being hip-hop’s next billionaire any time soon, some key money moves have paid off in a major way for Drake. Forbes reports that his personal fortune grew by 50 percent in the last year alone thanks to recent investments deals, a Las Vegas residency, and the launch of his Virginia Black whiskey line. It’s not a bad position to be in considering the OVO label head is the youngest on the list by 10 years.
Check out the full list here.
- Fireboy DML Is Ready To Drop Gems From His Year of GrowthThe Nigerian pop superstar retraces his musical journey with BET as he discusses his next studio album and his hopes for the future of African music.02/26/2024
- 2024 NAACP Image Awards: 7 Duet Partners and Featured Artists that Elevated H.E.R.'s TracksHer epic collaborations are among the best parts of the R&B singer’s award-winning catalog.02/26/2024
- Judge Rules That Texas School District's Suspension of Darryl George Over Length of His Locs Did Not Violate CROWN ACTDarryl George, an 18-year-old student at Barbers Hill High School was first suspended from regular classes on Aug. 31, because he did not comply with the dress code.02/23/2024
- DDG Gets Candid On How He And Halle Bailey Got Pregnant After Nearly Two Years Of Dating“We weren’t aiming for a baby, but it just kinda happened,” said the rapper.02/23/2024
- Howard University To Debut First HBCU Ice Skating TeamThe intercollegiate skating team will face the University of Delaware in its first competition.02/23/2024
- Porsha Williams Files For Divorce From Simon Guobadia After 15 Months Of MarriageAccording to a source, their split is "unrelated to recent allegations involving Simon's past," but rather, an "ongoing matter."02/23/2024