At the "Soul Train Awards" 2023, Grammy Award-winning super producer Jermaine Dupri surprised viewers with a soulful performance alongside veteran singer and songwriter Muni Long. Together, they delivered an exceptional rendition of Long's latest single, "Made For Me," captivating audiences during last month's ceremony.
Jermaine is a visionary producer and music mogul whose influence permeates the R&B landscape. Over three decades, this Atlanta native has cultivated an extraordinary legacy, contributing to some of the most iconic R&B collaborations in music history. In celebration of this year's event, rediscover Jermaine Dupri's musical prowess by exploring five of his most memorable and soulful collaborations.
Bow Wow featuring Ciara - “Like You”
Jermaine’s collaboration with Bow Wow and Ciara resulted in this catchy 2005 R&B anthem, “Like You.”
Mariah Carey - “We Belong Together”
It’s always a hit when Jermaine and Mariah Carey unite on a track. In 2005, the duo released the emotional ballad “We Belong Together” and earned several Grammy nominations, including a 2006 win for “Best R&B Song.”
Usher & Alicia Keys - “My Boo”
Jermaine’s collaboration with Usher and Alicia Keys birthed this timeless duet, highlighting the producer’s knack for creating soulful melodies.
Monica “The First Night”
The collaboration between Jermaine and Monica brought forth the soulful track 1998 classic “The First Night.” The record notably samples of Diana Ross's 1976 hit song “Love Hangover.”
Usher - “You Make Wanna”
Usher and Jermaine have been creating hits together since the 90s. For his sophomore album “My Way” the duo, along with Manuel Seal, released the guitar-led R&B track “You Make Wanna.” The song played a huge role in Usher’s career and contributed to his rise in music.
- Ayesha Curry And Steph Curry Are Pregnant With Baby No. 4Ayesha shared the news while posing on the cover of her online magazine, Sweet July.03/01/2024
- Terrence Howard Faces $903,115 Tax Bill Amidst Claims of Injustice and Slavery LegacyThe actor cited “Four hundred years of forced labor and never receiving any compensation for it,” as part of his decision to avoid paying his taxes.03/01/2024
- Nas Joins Resort World's $5 Billion Casino Expansion In QueensThe vision of Aqueduct Park is to transform the casino, in the legendary rapper's hometown, into a full-fledged establishment that mirrors the company's properties in Las Vegas.03/01/2024
- ‘A Different World’ Cast Reunites For Epic 10-City HBCU TourThe crew from the beloved sitcom is back to promote enrollment at HBCUs and raise money for scholarships.03/01/2024
- Idris Elba Reveals How He Discovered His Role On ‘The Wire’ Was EndingStringer Bell, played by the British actor, is one of the most memorable characters from the iconic show.03/01/2024
- Kanye West Calls Out Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian, Demands She Removes Their Kids From LA-Based School“It’s a fake school for celebrities that are used by ‘the system,’” said Yeezy.03/01/2024